AR-300M wifi pineapple firmware

https://github.com/oozo/gl-ar300m-wifipineapple

features:

• libpcap 1.8.1
  • mana-toolkit (hostapd-mana, sslstrip2, dns2proxy, net-creds, firelamb (/usr/share/mana-toolkit/))
  • lot of usb wifi drivers (all available)

have anybody tried?

I installed this last night by following the instructions on the Github link and tested it with a RT3070 USB interface.

The firmware flashed and booted without any problems and the Web UI is accessible for setup on 172.14.42.1:1471. The UI prompts the user to hold the reset button as part of the setup - reset button presses are functional. The AR300M is accessible over SSH using ssh root@172.16.42.1, using the password created in the WebUI setup. However, the Pineapple firmware sometimes fails to boot, and the AR300m loads the default GL-iNet firmware from the NOR flash instead.

When scanning for networks on Linux and Android, the AR300m occasionally appears to be transmitting another AP with SSID “GL-AR300M-dcd” alongside the Pineapple management AP. This AP has no security and always fails to connect.

It detected my RT3070 as interface wlan1, and I was able to install modules from the Pineapple repos by connecting it to my home network using Networking > WiFi Client Mode.

Recon Mode is functional and I was able to successfully scan for nearby networks and clients, then add them to the PineAP filter. I managed to get a client to connect briefly but have been unable to repeat this.

As stated in the Github readme, there are issues with the LAN and WAN interfaces. I’ve tried using the ./wp6.sh script to share internet from a Linux PC over its eth0 interface, but the AR300M is not detected at the 3rd stage of the guided setup. This might be a problem with my configuration so it would be helpful if other people could test this.

<span style="color: #222222; font-family: source_sans_proregular, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 14.666666984558105px; background-color: #f9f9f9;">the AR300m occasionally appears to be transmitting another AP with SSID “GL-AR300M-dcd” alongside the Pineapple management AP. This AP has no security and always fails to connect</span>
is should be named PIneapple_xxx(where xx three digits, mine is 0266)
<span style="color: #222222; font-family: source_sans_proregular, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 14.666666984558105px; background-color: #f9f9f9;">I’ve tried using the ./wp6.sh script to share internet from a Linux PC over its eth0 interface</span>
try different interface, or manually share internet

please feel free to report issues on github

Is this will work on lite version?

No, only 128Mb version

Hello,
I’m looking for a routeur that can handle wifi pineapple.
If you tryed it, can you tell me if all the news features of pineapple work on AR300M ?
What doesn’t work ?
Do you know if their is another router that work better on ?

Thank you for tour help.

did not tested with latest pineapple firmware(2.0.2+), will try in a few days

Thank you for your answer.
I will wait your feedback befor buying.
I’m not sur if the PineAP work and this is probably the most important tool of pineaple.

Any way, thank you for your help !

Any news about someone using the AR-300M with the latest Pineaple firmware by any chance ?

Hi 1101, aka q-a-z, aka oozo…
Well, I don’t really know how to call you…
Anyway, since a few months I’m trying to port this fw on a AR300M…
it is very up to date and on a AR150 it is working with virtually no flaws…
I extracted the fw with FMK, but dunno how to merge the openwrt fw with the one extracted from xchwarze.
Can you tell me how to port the Pineapple 2.7.0 fw to the capable AR300M?
I would be very happy to explain you at what point I got stuck.

img yada tar ı ikisinden birini attığım anda gl-ar300m16-ext tuğla oluyor

img yada tar ı ikisinden birini attığım anda gl-ar300m16-ext tuğla oluyor.

There is a bug in the GUI. By memory, if the image is bigger than 14MB, the router bricks. You can recover with uboot console though. That is working correctly.

1 Like

hi, first of all, my question is if I need to make changes to the file. the second problem is that I’m doing the read me part of the redirector, but it’s not happening, I’m img and it gives the following error THE UPDATE FAILED
Something went wrong during the update
You probably chose the wrong file (too big or too small) or were trying to update the art on the device with an unknown FLASH type (and size) that is not allowed. Please try again or contact the author of this change. You can also get more information during the update in the U-Boot console. please help dm with information can write

merhaba, öncelikle benim sorum dosyada değişiklik yapmam gerekip gerekmediği. ikinci sorun, redirector’ın beni oku bölümünü yapıyorum, ancak olmuyor, img’yim ve aşağıdaki hatayı veriyor GÜNCELLEME BAŞARISIZ
Güncelleme
sırasında bir şeyler ters gitti Muhtemelen yanlış dosyayı seçtiniz (çok büyük veya çok küçük) veya cihazdaki resmi güncellemeye çalışıyordunuz. Lütfen tekrar deneyin veya bu değişikliğin yazarıyla iletişime geçin. Güncelleştirme sırasında U-Boot konsolunda da daha fazla bilgi edinebilirsiniz. lütfen dm ile bilgi yazabilirsiniz yardım edin