AR150 and Huawei E3372

OK as nobody seemed able to solve this I ended up purchasing another LTE router which allowed bridge mode. As expected it worked perfectly and I have now access to my VPN running on the USG from outside the LAN i.e. the WAN side.

Contrary to what @alzhao posted above this does work as Three mobile network in the UK does NOT use CGNAT so provides a public IP address when you connect via their APN 3internet.

The GLiNet AR150 is, unfortunately, now redundant which is disappointing as apart from the problem of outside access it worked great.

Glad to hear that. Can you post some screenshot etc so that I know your final settings?

What screenshots do you want when this is not running on the AR150? As I said above I had to buy another LTE router and am now not using the AR150 as you were unable to advise the correct settings to make external access work.

I mean the screenshot of you “another LTE router”

OK here’s the screenshot from the connected LTE Modem/Router:

Can I know where did you set up bridge?

While you used a LTE router other than using E3372, set up is different.

The new LTE Router IS the bridge. It’s an Zyxel LTE7460 which takes the SIM card and the router is then placed in Bridge mode allowing the USG to take care of NAT, DHCP etc.

The E3372 is no longer needed as the Zyxel does everything.

The problem with the AR150 was it wasn’t taking the public IP address from the E3372 which it should do. It wasn’t bridging the connection between the E3372 and itself otherwise it would have obtained the public IP.