AR150, RTC doesn't work

Hi There,
I just received my AR150 with the SD3077 RTC module. I followed the documentation here: RTC Setting - GL.iNet Docs
But when I give the hwclock -r command, it gives me an error:

root@OpenWrt:~# hwclock -r
hwclock: RTC_RD_TIME: No such device or address

what did I do wrong?
Thank you!

d2d78827-e7e0-4671-b02f-cd218fda47e9|666x500

meanwhile I installed the clean LuCI firmware from here:
https://dl.gl-inet.com/firmware/ar150/clean/

I followed again the documentation. It still doesn’t work, but it gives me more information. Any idea? Thank you

root@OpenWrt:~# i2cdetect -y 0
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f
00: – – – – – – – – – – – – –
10: – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
20: – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
30: – – UU – – – – – – – – – – – – –
40: – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
50: – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
60: – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
70: – – – – – – – –

hwclock: ioctl(RTC_RD_TIME) to /dev/rtc0 to read the time failed: No such device or address

root@OpenWrt:~# hwclock --verbose
hwclock from util-linux 2.32
System Time: 1615499032.780573
Trying to open: /dev/rtc0
Using the rtc interface to the clock.
Assuming hardware clock is kept in UTC time.
Waiting for clock tick…
ioctl(3, RTC_UIE_ON, 0): Invalid argument
Waiting in loop for time from /dev/rtc0 to change
hwclock: ioctl(RTC_RD_TIME) to /dev/rtc0 to read the time failed: No such device or address
…synchronization failed

Where did you buy this?

Use GL.iNet download center firmware does not necessarily can, could you please confirm whether the previous steps are successful?
Can you give me all the execution steps

directly from the gl-inet webshop, from HK

I tried with the stock firmware and the clean one too. Non of them works. Here are the steps:
opkg update
opkg install kmod-i2c-gpio-custom
opkg install kmod-rtc-sd2068
insmod i2c-gpio-custom.ko bus0=0,1,17
echo sd2068 0x32 > /sys/bus/i2c/devices/i2c-0/new_device

Hi Gabor, There isn’t the product(AR150+RTC) in my office, I need to pick up the product from our factory. It will take some time, please wait one or two days.

Okey, thank you!!!

Hi gabor,There is some problem about the picture in the RTC Setting - GL.iNet Docs.
You need to solder all pins.You can refer to the attached picture.

Hi Hoff,
ouch, this is very unfortunate. I tried to unsolder the module to add more pins to the AR150 board - because they aren’t enough in mine, only that 3 pins. When I unsoldered it, the tiny rings (where the pins was soldered) came off from the RTC module, so I can’t solder it back. I guess I broke it, and I don’t have any other. And I didn’t find any in Europe webshops. I suggest to change that photo in your howto documentation, this could be very misleading for your future buyers since there are only 3 pins soldered in the AR150 board anyways. I still have some DS1307 module (Tiny RTC - Elecrow), will try to install this.
Thanks for your support,
Regards,
Gabor

Hi gabor, we have updated new picture, sorry for this mistake. You can try the Tiny RTC, if there is any proble needs help, please let’s know.

Hi, could you please confirm if these are the right pins for SDA and SCL connection for I2C communication?
Thank you

I don’t know. Maybe you can refer to Domore Core - GL.iNet Docs

I don’ see it as I2C.

Hi Alzhao! Why to check in the Domino Core’s docs?
In AR150’s documentation the command to install the module is:
That’s why I guess it’s I2C. It isn’t???

Hi gabor,it is right,the command format is: insmod i2c-gpio-custom bus0=0,SDA,SCL

It depends on if you want real i2c or just gpio to emulate i2c.

Both works but performance may be different.

okey so which pins are fro real I2C SDA and SCL?

Hi gabor, there isn’t real I2C in this board, we use emulate i2c.

In this command insmod i2c-gpio-custom.ko bus0=0,1,17, it’s means: gpio1 is configured as SDA, and gpio17 is configured as SCL.

You can change other pins to connect you Tiny RTC on this board, and if you change, you must change the gpio in this command insmod i2c-gpio-custom bus0=0,SDA,SCL.
For examply, if you use GPIOx to connect Tiny RTC’s SDA, use GPIOy to connect Tiny RTC’s SCL, you should configure GPIOx as SDA and configure GPIOy as SCL,the command like this: insmod i2c-gpio-custom bus0=0,GPIOx,GPIOy

I understand, thank you

Okey, it works now with the Tiny I2C DS1307 module now, here it is for someone who struggles too. I’m using the official OpenWRT 19.07.7

wiring the AR150 to DS1307 module:
LED1(GPIO1) β€”> SDA
LED6(GPIO17) β€”> SCL
VCC 5V β€”> VCC
GND β€”> GND

commands:
opkg update
opkg install kmod-i2c-gpio-custom
opkg install kmod-rtc-ds1307
echo ds1307 0x68 > /sys/bus/i2c/devices/i2c-0/new_device
hwclock -r