[AR150] which usb package I have to install on vanilla openwrt?

Hi,
I would like to install and config apcupsd for monitoring/managing my ups.
If I connect the ups apc 650 to the minirouter, lsusb said nothing about the ups, just a line about the usb hub (while the same config on a x86 machine works, and lsusb return a string about the connected ups).
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Reading here about how to config apcupsd under openwrt, it says to pay attention to the installation of usb and to check where usb is under /dev.
Now, it seems that the kernel usb package depends - of course - on the SoC, but i have seen there are a lot of kmod-usb packages!
Before thinking about problems of ups or the cable, what package should I install?
I check the cable on another ups and I check the ups with windows, both works. I also put a usb3 drive into the minirouter port… and it works.
I dont know what could be.
thank a lot again!!!

some more output info:

root@ar150:~# opkg list-installed | grep usb
    kmod-usb-chipidea - 4.14.241-1
    kmod-usb-chipidea2 - 4.14.241-1
    kmod-usb-core - 4.14.241-1
    kmod-usb-ehci - 4.14.241-1
    kmod-usb-hid - 4.14.241-1
    kmod-usb-phy-nop - 4.14.241-1
    libusb-1.0-0 - 1.0.22-2
    libusb-compat4 - 0.1.5-2
    usbutils - 007-10
    root@ar150:~# lsusb -t
    /:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ci_hdrc/1p, 480M
    root@ar150:~# cat /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices

T:  Bus=01 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#=  1 Spd=480  MxCh= 1
    B:  Alloc=  0/800 us ( 0%), #Int=  0, #Iso=  0
    D:  Ver= 2.00 Cls=09(hub  ) Sub=00 Prot=01 MxPS=64 #Cfgs=  1
    P:  Vendor=1d6b ProdID=0002 Rev= 4.14
    S:  Manufacturer=Linux 4.14.241 ehci_hcd
    S:  Product=EHCI Host Controller
    S:  SerialNumber=ci_hdrc.0
    C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=e0 MxPwr=  0mA
    I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub  ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
    E:  Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=   4 Ivl=256ms

Maybe I should also install kmod-usb2?

1 Like

Pls try kmod-usb2
Also these packages

Hi alzhao, thx again for supporting!
I’ve already done some tests installing that packages, also on vanilla openwrt 19.07.08 and last 21 stable and your custom last firmware (I’ve opened another dedicated thread, thinking that vanilla was the problem)… but nothing, lsusb doesn’t show it and I cannot find some usb under /dev. I read somewhere that the error maybe due to bouncing timing, usb does not receive answer and close the connection. I’m evaluating to do more tests with a powered usb hub, but I have no garantee it works (and it costs, here, more that you router… I was looking for a cheap solution :slight_smile: :frowning: ). I’m sad because the product has amazing value/price.

Thanks. But seems I cannot help more. I do not have experience in your device.

Do you think I might write to someone (who) at gl inet, to tell me how modify some parameters?

I am from GL.iNet but sorry I cannot help. For such devices need to get one and check. Otherwise it is very difficult to solve.