well… this is one of this at my wits end posts.
I’ve bought almost every gl-inet device and, by and large, I like them. But I keep hoping every one of them will fix the DNS problem. I’ve tried the up/down scripts. I’ve tried changing manual DNS addresses. Nothing seems to work.
Is this just a a critical flaw and there’s nothing to be done? Or is there something that actually works? It’s almost a deal breaker for me.
I love that I can plug the device in and get in on a network and boom, my OpenDNS is up. But it’s virtually worthless (besides, well, you know the security benefits)…none of my internal addresses resolve.
If I do an nslookup and change the server to my internal server, everything resolves fine. I can change each client manually, but that’s not sustainable.
The last thing I tried is this:
But openvpn complains -script-security 2 is invalid. If I comment it out, the VPN connects, but there’s no joy.
up looks like this:
#!/bin/sh mv /tmp/resolv.conf.auto /tmp/resolv.conf.auto.hold echo $foreign_option_1 | sed -e ...s/dhcp-option DOMAIN/domain/g... -e ...s/dhcp echo $foreign_option_2 | sed -e ...s/dhcp-option DOMAIN/domain/g... -e ...s/dhcp echo $foreign_option_3 | sed -e ...s/dhcp-option DOMAIN/domain/g... -e ...s/dhcp
and down is:
mv /tmp/resolv.conf.auto.hold /tmp/resolv.conf.auto
I’d sure be grateful for any tips that work. Thanks y’all!