AX1800 Flint 2.4ghz wifi issue: did not acknowledge authentication response

Hi,

On my router with 4.1.0 firmware (same issue on beta3 4.2.0 firmware currently), I can no longer connect to my 2.4ghz wifi, used for my various IoT devices. In the system log, I see a lot of these:

daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: STA yy:yy:yy:yy IEEE 802.11: did not acknowledge authentication response

My 5ghz wifi works fine. This 2.4ghz wifi issue happened about 2 weeks ago. The only non-standard setup is I added a USB drive to the router to augment the router disk space, about 6 weeks ago.

I’ve tried modifying various settings for the 2.4ghz wifi, but no luck. I didn’t do a hard reset because I did not want to lose all of my settings. Upgrading the firmware to the beta version did not solve my issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Like

This is caused by USB3 interference with wifi 2.4G. Please try to use a USB 2.0 cable.

Thanks for your response.

That is odd. I used a USB 3.0 stick for speed since the drive is going to be used to run docker apps, and because the router supports USB 3. If the problem is truly caused by USB 3, then USB 3 really isn’t supported.

Can I clone my existing USB drive to another USB drive that is not USB 3? Any recommended way to do this so when I plug in the new drive to the router, everything will work without issues? Thanks.

Different USB3 devices may have different extent of impact. So you can connect a not-USB3 drive to make sure it works and then doing copy will be better.

Any suggestion on how best to do the cloning of the drive? Thanks.

Will normal copy be okay?
dd command can be used for raw copy, but that’s not recommended, as physically bad blocks are different between disks, not 100% percent clone I guess.