Ax1800 Flint Bug Report

If I find time I test it, but I can only Test AX1800 as WDS client to AX1800, since I replaced the B1300 with an AX1800. (So I now have four of them)

Pls upgrade to 4.1 firmware, WDS should work.

Please note, WDS to (or from) B1300 is not supposed to work as they use different wifi drivers.

I’ve tested v4.1.0 on AX1800 and B1300 today and so far it seems to work without problems on my four AX1800s and my B1300. I will stay on v4 for now. Many Thanks!

1 Like

I found a new Bug, on my B1300 (in WDS mode) under Applications I have the Sub-menu “Plugins” on my AX1800s (used in WDS and AP mode) this point does not exist. It only exists in Router mode.

B1300 (WDS mode):
grafik

AX1800 (WDS and AP mode):
grafik

Also under System → Overwiew
If I use the UI in dark Mode, the graph is good readable on the B1300 and not so good on the AX1800.
AX1800:

B1300:

On the same page the external storage Tab is bugged on the B1300:
grafik
AX1800:
grafik

And the last Bug I found on my B1300 (WDS to a Repeater of another company):
grafik
I tried multiple reboots and the error is still very often shown, but everything works without problem, only the error is shown.

1 Like

Yes it has been fixed

Actually we added the plug-in back in bridge mode because it does not conflict with bridge mode.

I can set a schedule for the guest network, even if it can’t be configured/used (guest-wifi), because the router is in AP/WDS-Mode. I think this is a Bug, it shouldn’t be possible to enable a schedule for this, or it should be possible to use the guest network even in AP/WDS-Mode.

AP mode cannot use guest WiFi?

grafik

I see. Forward to developers

After updating (from dl.gl-inet.com) and looking into the changelogs: Release Release v4.1.0_ax1800_release3 ¡ gl-inet/gl-infra-builder ¡ GitHub
There is mentioned: “Fix AP mode does not allow Guest wifi, so it is blocked”
Do I need to reset the router that this option will become visible, because on my Router I still can’t activate the Guest wifi in AP-mode, instead the mentioned “Guest Wi-Fi Schedule” setting is disappeared.
grafik

Also using the GL-inet App it is possible to activate the Guest network on Routers in WDS mode and AP mode. This doesn’t make sense at all.

And another questions – why is it not possible to run a vpn server on the AX1800, while it is in AP/WDS mode? While at the same time it is possible to run Network Storage on it.

Just bad description.

It should be “Remove guest wifi when using AP mode”.

In AP bridge, guest wifi does not work.

And why is it possible to use the gl inet app to activate it?

app bug. App need to fix that.

Hi,
I have the latest firmware of the flint router.
I cant manage the max upload and download speed for specific ips in my network. I set it but it does not work. You can still use the hole bandwith. Any news on that?

Br
Jimmy

Can you specify? 4.1? 3.214?

The speed limit shold just work.

BTW, if you use latest firmware e.g. 4.2 etc there may be hardware acceleration options. Try turn that off.

Latest Snapshot * Compile Time 2023-04-21 5:24:01(UTC+08:00) Dark mode not all frames are rendered

Not sure if it is a browser issue. Can you change the browser and test?

Previous render problem seem to be fixed.

New Bug report for:
Date Compiled: 2023-05-04 18:04:52 (UTC-04:00)

SHA256: 28e76c11a8540128cf73ff26c83c4a092ebbb7714aad89ea7e1dd687be851cdf
Plugins in the GUI is not working but can be accessed in LuCi with 8704 packages

Log is not working in GUI is working in LuCi