AX1800 USB WiFi Help Needed

Trying to use a Usb wireless adapter. Adapter is a Alfa Tube-UAC 2. Uses a Ralink RT3070 chipset.
The router doesn’t seem to be recognizing it.
Below is the output from lsusb command.

root@GL-AX1800:~# lsusb
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux 4.4.60 xhci-hcd xHCI Host Controller
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0e8d:7610 MediaTek WiFi
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux 4.4.60 xhci-hcd xHCI Host Controller

Any help would be appreciated.

Install kmod-rt76x0u & reboot
USB Wi-Fi adapters are generally unstable under Linux.

I did that and got the same results. I’m running a linux desktop and the adapter works fine.
I have seen where others have done what I’m trying to do, so figure it’s doable if I can figure out what wrong.

Have you deleted /etc/config/wireless or run wifi reconf in terminal?
Is it visible in iw list?

It looks like the Alfa Tube-UAC2 has the Mediatek MT7610U chipset and requires the matching package.

I do not work for and I am not directly associated with GL.iNet

Thanks for noticing that! I had read somewhere that it had a different chip set than that. Also, I ran lsusb and promptly disregarded what it said, apparently.
It’ll be Saturday before I get a chance to try again, but I feel like I might be able to get it working now. I’ll report back what I figure out.

Thanks again!

I’m finally getting back to this project. At this point I’m unable to find a package that supports the Mediatek MT7610U. Am I just missing something again??

Thanks

It appears that there is not drivers for the Mediatek MT7610U chip set. From what I can find, there is if you use the lasted version of OpenWRT. My problem now is that I can’t find where the latest version of OpenWRT is available for the AX1800.

Has anyone installed OpenWRT on an AX1800?

follow this thread;