AXT1800 5Ghz Repeat issue - v4.2.1

Upgraded my router a couple days ago, had a coworker upgrade theirs today and point out that after upgrade; if they use the AXT1800 to connect and repeat a 5Ghz Wi-Fi signal, the router stops broadcasting a 5ghz signal entirely. It won’t repeat. 2.4ghz will continue to work (as well as LAN/Ethernet connections work), and it shows connected on 5Ghz on main dashboard screen… but won’t provide the station for clients to connect on 5Ghz.

I didn’t notice since my SSID name is the same between 2.4Ghz, and 5Ghz… but she has hers set differently per radio. We also tested and watch as it disappeared from WiFi explorer. Booted mine and observed same behavior. Haven’t had an opportunity to test my MT3000 yet.

Both running version 4.2.1… neither of us kept settings when upgrading (fresh config). Downgraded to 4.2.0 (without keeping settings) and it resolved the issue, we could connect, and repeat on 5Ghz without issue.

Sorry if this is already posted/known issue. Did a quick search and didn’t see anything matching…

Thanks in advance.

Running Snapshot:
Date Compiled: 2023-05-05 18:53:31 (UTC-04:00)

SHA256: c4432f8426f7d5d85d3ba010c70a81673540fc5ee425e1d9fde37aff01435007
I can’t reproduce it

I have repeat DFS channels enabled.
I can see and connect to 2.4 and 5 Ghz
Maybe the band width or interference from other networks

We haven’t tried snapshot, hoping to stay on stable release. Downgrading resolved it for us, going to 4.2.0…

We also have DFS repeat on, force 20Mhz on 2.4ghz, and the top option (forgot what it did, I think it’s enabled by default).

We were connecting to Aruba AX APs on 5Ghz, likely on DFS channel; at 40Mhz wide. The AXT1800s failed to re-broadcast their own 5Ghz station. But showed successful connected and internet reachable.

Good to know it’s fixed on snapshot, and will likely be a non-issue for future stable release. :slight_smile: