Beryl AX firmware 4.2 multi-wan Fail loadbalancing

Hi,

I installed the new firmware just released on my Beryl AX, reset all settings and tried to do loadbalancing between the ethernet Wan and USB tethering (also tried adding the wifi repeater instead), whenever the second connection comes on immediately the internet starts becoming extremely flaky/cuts out completely.
I have made no other configuration changes and tried twice resetting the router with the same result.
Reverted to the old firmware and the same configuration, even with a third connection added works flawlessly.

Is hardware acceleration on (I think it is on be default)

Yes it is on, procedure as follows:

• reset settings
  • plug in WAN cable
    internet is working fine
  • plug in usb phone with internet
  • connecting android tether in UI
  • set multi wan to 3/3/3 load balancing
    internet is not working, no way to get it to work with restarts etc unless you unplug the USB

alternatively

• reset settings
  • plug in WAN cable
    internet is working fine
  • connect wifi repeater in UI
  • set multi wan to 3/3/3 load balancing
    internet is not working, no way to get it to work with restarts etc unless you disconnect the repeater

The load balancing feature on the GL.iNet is unfortunately extremely flaky. I worry that it won’t ever be matured if it remains under the mercy of openwrt to decide on its future. The TP-Link ER605 works much better and is also a cheaper option.

Try turning hardware acceleration off and restart the router then try load-balancing with the modem.

Thanks. I tried that just now and it made no difference.

Thanks. The issue can be isolated to firmware 4.2 as it works perfectly on the same device when reverting back to the previous version.

In the new version, we changed the detection IP from 8.8.4.4 to 1.1.1.1, you can try to back to 8.8.4.4.