Beryl upgrade?

Has anyone upgraded their Slate to Beryl?
I am just wondering if it is worth the upgrade?
I see faster wifi speeds listed and better WireGuard performance…
Just interested in any feedback on Beryl…

@limbot Maybe you have something to add here? :smiley:

I noticed the Beryl was finally available via Amazon and placed my order a few hours ago. I should be getting it Wednesday so I can’t give you real feedback yet but I’m sure performance wise it will be better. Besides the things you already listed, it has a usb3 port and a usb c power port (I’m not a fan of micro usb). Depending on what you use it for, you may or may not noticed these improvements. Personally, I think it will be worth the upgrade for the better hardware but if you’re happy with your current setup, than you probably could wait unless others comment. Do you have anything specific you want tested? I should be able to test it after I get mine…

I currently have a Slate and a Brume W. Using a WiFi card on the USB2.0 for 5G on the brume, it seemed faster than the slate with wireguard enabled and about the same without wireguard enabled. Please note that I didn’t actually benchmark/test it, it was more observation by normal usage (laptop, phones, tablets, & firetv all connected to it) in a hotel. I’m hoping the Beryl performance will be acceptable with wireguard for my use case. At least acceptable enough for my random errands/out of the house since I plan on using both my brume and beryl when I actually travel/stay in a hotel to get the best from both devices.

Thanks for the info.
I am particularly interested in the increased Wireguard performance over the Slate.
I have it in my Amazon basket…just waiting to take the plunge…
Enjoy your new Beryl.