Beryl won't connect to Wifi - get yellow dot

I have a Beryl AX3000 - GL-MT3000 running firmware 4.5.16, release 3.

I thought this would be pretty simple. It’s in a retirement community where internet is provided through WiFi signal – but I need to get a printer on a LAN, so printing is easy from the computer as well as iPhone – so I bought the Beryl to connect to the WiFi network wirelessly, and then create a LAN in the apartment that I could connect the printer and laptop to (and the iPhone etc), and have the Beryl just provide the internet services.

But when I log it into the WiFi router - the light shows as yellow - and there is no connectivity to the internet. But I cannot see any messages in the Admin interface that tell me why it’s yellow and not green (like it is when I tether the iPhone).

In reading through the discussions - it sounds like this might require some ssh’ing into the Beryl unit to change IPTables, etc. and that perhaps I would be better off to purchase something like the TP-LINK® TL-WR902AC AC750 - that seems to do what I need to do easily…

But rather than directly return this unit - I thought I’d inquire, to find out whether there is a simple fix to the issue, so that I can get a private LAN for the apartment and have one unit connect to the wifi here - and provide the internet connectivity…

Please advise - I am trying to get this done - as I am visiting and want to leave a fully functional situation.

Thanks for any support you can provide…

Unfortunately, the Beryl seems to be a “work in progress”

In your situation, I would use another tried and true solution. Just my humble opinion :wink:

Can you provide a screenshot of the web panel? I want to know if it get IP address or not.

Also can you pls try firmware snapshot 4.6.0? Added a lot of features related to repeater