Brainstorming the idea of using the switchs and leds for control and feedback

Okay so I played with the leds a little bit and now with my ar750 if i hold my reset button for less than two second it toggles my guest wifi which also toggles the 5gwan led for on and off. when I travel I use guest wifi for my IOT devices that connect at home on a guest network and on the road with me with the same guest network but I dont want the crap joining me on my router at home. so I started thinking I want more leds… but not gonna do no hardware mods. so I started digging and thinking

I then found this little script in /usr/bin/flashleds and played with it by making the leds float from left to right and back like the knight rider car or a centurian.
(for the the ar750 just add this to illuminate the center button for the back and forth effect and change the sleep time for the 4 sleeps from .5 secs to .2 secs in that it controls the speed)

insert this at line 72 in /user/bin/flashleds

echo 0 > $led_1
		echo 1 > $led_2
		echo 0 > $led_3
		sleep 0.5

okay lit lights can give you some more info other than just lit, flashing, flashing slow, flashing quickly and then off. I like using luci-app-command to just launch some start stop scripts. what if we enable the the web page, a slide button and push button and luci-app-command like interface with drop down pre-determined service controls and also custom selected services controled without the web interface?

Not that this is my final idea but just to get some feedback
so as an example you hold the reset button down for less than two seconds and the slide switch is in the [right] position. there are 6 scripts in luci-app-cmd which is what to launch service or command what state is it in up or down.

the led does a flash swipe across then displays the first 3 service states with lit led for three services then a back and forth swipe with light leds for service 4 5 and 6 respectively. all in a matter of two seconds.

no comes the ablity to control them. you move the slide switch to the [left] position and hold the button down for lets say less than two seconds. now your are in edit mode to disable or enable. now the flash led comes from left to right 1 time every 3 seconds and pressing the button once for less then 2 seconds gets you to the next led. and if you hold the button for more than five seconds it toggles that state of that service. after you get past the third the flashled goes back and forth every three seconds to let you know your in the edit 4 5 6 services section. when done just slide the switch back to the right.

some funtions to consider

wwan enable disable
guest2gwireless enable disable
lan2g wireless enable disable
adblock enable disable

wireguard client connection enable disable
openvpn client connection enable disable
ssclient enable disable
tor cleint

wireguard server
openvpn server
ssserver

vpn policy enable disable
ssh this one and the one below this one make it nice for security purposes
lighttpd
(if your not running the service its’ harder to bring it down)

squid proxy
minidlna
samba

thinking great value add for the gli product line?
anyone have some input.

since the mudi’s reset switch is inside the case and it has an led ascii display it would not work for it. what would be cools if you anyone rembers the scroll dial with push button on the dial? perfect for versioin 2 of the mudi .

1 Like

okay lets say you have a remote user over the phone and you say with your right thumb press and hold the reset button for 1 second and after the lights swipes across left to right tell me on off on and then and the next heat and then the next. and instead of 6 feed backs we have 9 or 12

Really cool ideas you are working on here!

I am currently using openwrt 19 on my ar-30016 exclusively and would like to ask you if you can point me in the right directing in order to utilize the switch to change between ovpn instances?

it was more like a feature request. I did write some scripts for led control for fun but haven’t touched them in a year or so. mostly a waste of time. lcd display would be nicer but programming routing functionality should be the priority for gl-inet. cheers