Broken 2.4 GHz radio in AXT1800

Hi,
I noticed that my 2.4 GHz radio disappeared. Nothing has been changed on the router.
Then to fix the device I updated U-Boot and AXT1800 firmware to the current beta version.
It didn’t help. I still only have access to a working 5Ghz radio.
Has anyone noticed a similar problem?

Turning off the radio or changing the channel didn’t help either.

Do you enable repeater?
Can you provide logs?

After today, the 2.4 GHz radio appeared on my devices by itself. Strange thing. I will send you the logs as a private message, maybe there it will inform you why this happened.

Yes, repeater mode has been enabled on this device for several months now.

So I have been using mine on 5GHz repeater from Flint AX1800 No issue(well maybe a small issue the Beryl running 4.1.0 beta3 has been getting double the speed of AXT1800 accoding to fast.com test).
Just changed to 2.4GHz to test. Wired connection to computer Any specific channel, bandwidth, mode? (Mine is channel 1, bandwidth 20/40MHz, mode 11g/n/ax)

Firmware : 4.1.0 beta release7(Newest and just went Stable release)
Travelmate and SQM installed packages

Maybe this isn’t the case, but… have you any usb 3.0 flash drive hooked to your AXT1800? I ask because I had this kind of problems (2.4Ghz disappearing/disconnecting) and it turned out it was an interference between USb 3.0 and 2.4Ghz wifi…

2 Likes

Most of the time I have a Samsung T5 SSD attached. But when there was a problem with the 2.4 GHz radio, the drive was disconnected. Now the USB 3.0 drive is plugged in and luckily the problem has not returned.

I think the topic is closed. The 2.4 GHz radio has been working without a problem since my last post.

Mine has been repeater on 2.4ghz for 2 days transferred some videos to the sd card in router and have two laptops wired running. Everything seems to work.
Firmware 4.1.0 release 7 running

As far as I can tell release7 is the same as the new stable release.