Brume 2 completely wipes VPN server config

So I have a client I help with tech support on their Tailscale exit node and Wireguard VPN. They have a Brume 2 running on v4.5 firmware and their Wireguard server, with DDNS turned on, was running perfectly fine for just about 1 month exactly until all of a sudden it stopped working. He had someone at home log into the router and the Wireguard server is completely gone, DDNS is turned off, and his Tailscale also stopped working. It’s almost as if he or the router itself performed a firmware upgrade with “keep current settings” enabled. However, there doesn’t even exist an automatic firmware upgrade to my knowledge.

What else could have caused such a strange thing? I was thinking maybe this 1 month timing had something to do with his dynamic public IP changing, but he had DDNS turned on. Did DDNS have some catastrophic failure recently that could’ve caused this wipeout?

Is the Brume 2 bound to goodcloud?
It does sound like someone who logged into the router saw the firmware update prompt on the status page and upgraded it thinking they were helping.

What’s the current firmware version?