I received my Brume 2 yesterday, and starting testing.
On first boot, I went into Luci. When I went to devices, it said it had to convert the config. Afterwards when I looked, there were no “real” mac addresses on the 2 ethernet ports.
options macaddr “00:00:00:00:00:00”
options macaddr “00:00:00:00:00:01”
I “#” these lines out and rebooted (the lines vanished), and my interfaces received mac addresses, no entry in /etc/config/network.
I performed a reset firmware.
On initial boot my interfaces had mac address.
Went into Luci devices, again it converted config.
This kept the mac addresses.
So clearly one script or another (iniital GL-inet, or Luci conversion) failed to read the burned in mac address the first time. I am at a loss to recreate, but thought I better report it, in case it happened to someone else.
I noticed this aswell when I try the exact thing to replicate your steps.
though when I just look to interfaces and not devices I only see the lan interface has 00:00:00:00:00:01 offset and wan shows a correct mac address, but indeed inside the devices tab they’re all 00:00:00:00:00:00 and 00:00:00:00:00:01.
when I check mac clone in gl-inet ui, I see its 00:00 there aswell, but I think it used the randomized mac address prior as it seems to remember the current mac as randomized in the dropdown.
I think something breaks it inside the conversion in luci.
edit extra note:
im using beta3 im aware theres a newer version but ive not tested it there yet.
Maybe need to reset once. Will check.
I remeber something else I did differently the 1st boot.
First time booting: I did not boot with WAN cable in.
All boots/re-initialisations after that have been with WAN cable attached, and been correct.