Brume and Convexa B setup help

Ok, some assistance from the networking Gurus.

Want to put my Brume at the head of my network for Wireguard and routing duties (I think , see below if putting Brume inside my network is better :slight_smile: )

As I see it I’ve got 2 options

In this scenario I have the Brume dishing out DHCP addresses to the entire network. I’ve got a single subnet and avoid “double NAT”. Is it just as simple as just turning off the DHCP server on the master B1300?

In this scenario I have the B1300 dishing out DHCP addresses to the entire network. I’ve got 2 subnets (Brume 192.168.8.1, B1300 192.168.10.1). Have double NAT occurring.

So in summary

1. Which way is the best way to implement?
  2. Is it as simply as just turning off the DHCP server on the B1300 in scenario 1?
  3. Is there a better way to implement and “bridge” the Brume, but will this effect Wireguard Server operation?
  4. Is there a better way all up like putting using the B1300 as the “head” router and placing the Brume inside my network (again on the same IP or different IP? ) and port forwarding the Wireguard traffic.

Ideas/thoughts/comments welcomed.

(Yes a couple of my IP addresses are wrong in the diagram :smile:)

I would do it this way:
Brume at the head with dhcp server on then B1300 in ap mode linked to the Brume lan/lan with dhcp server off and meshed with the others B1300.

Mmmm, can’t see option for AP mode (network mode) while in Mesh mode.

Can’t actually see how to turn off DHCP in Gl.Inet inteface either. Assume I’ll have to do in LUCI.

Dhcp server off only in luci.

I wonder why you’d need 2 routers, since you also have got the ISP-router?
In the ISP-router’s firewall you map the WireGuard port (eg 51820) to your ConvexaB, where you’ve got your WireGuard-server set up.

@doubletwin

Nah the Brume will plug directly into a fibre Network Termination Unit (NTU) so no ISP router. The Brume will effectively replace any ISP router for wireguard and router services and the B1300 for mesh.