Hello. I have a problem which may be a bit long-winded, so I will try and explain my problem the best I can.
I have a Brume (version 3.203) and I have AdGuard Home that is installed on a Raspberry Pi 4. Furthermore, I have my VPN policy enabled and set to:
- VPN for guest network - disabled
- Use VPN for all processes - disabled
- Rules - do not use VPN for the following
- list of websites that I don’t want to use the VPN
Using the GL.iNet GUI, if I set the custom DNS to 192.168.8.4 (the IP for my Raspberry Pi), then it works, AdGuard Home deals with requests and the split tunnelling based on the VPN policy works. However, I only see one client shown on AGH - the router.
The other option I have tried, is using LuCI GUI - in Interfaces → I set DHCP option 6 to the Raspberry Pi IP on the LAN interface. And for the WAN interface, I unchecked Use DNS servers advertised by peer. The result is AGH can also handle requests, all the clients on the network are being shown on AGH, but the problem is that the VPN policy is not working.
So what I am trying to achieve is:
- AGH on IP address 192.168.8.4 to handle the DNS stuff
- Show all the clients on the network on AGH instead of just the router.
- Have the VPN policy working (for example: example.com going through WireGuard but example2.com does not).
I thank you in advance for any help, whether I need to make custom firewall rules, a config change in dnsmasq, or anything else.