Brume2 on 4.6 - Dead

Dear community,

I am reaching out for your help.

Yesterday, I updated my Brume2 to firmware 4.6 (keeping my configuration), as it was offered in the web GUI. Unfortunately, this update did not go well.

The router rebooted (presumably), and I was not able to connect to it anymore. No DHCP was working, and even a manual IP address setup did not work. There was no connectivity.

I tried a factory reset several times without any success. Again, no connectivity. Then I attempted the debrick procedure with firmwares 4.6, 4.5.16, and 4.4.6, but still no connectivity.

I tried to set up a USB console with "screen", but even this did not work.

So, it seems I must consider the Brume2 to be completely destroyed, which would be a huge bummer after a firmware online update...

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

What exactly did you do to debrick? Debricking using U-boot?
Any messages during this process?

I downloaded the firmeware for the Brume2 from here: GL.iNet download center
and used this documentation for uploading the firmware: Debrick via Uboot - GL.iNet Router Docs 4

So, pressing the reset button on the Brume2 while plugging it in, waited that the LED went static, and accessed 192.168.1.1 via Browser. I did not upgrade the Uboot as mine is from 2022, which seems to be the current one.

I uploaded the firmware via the web interfade, which went bad on Linux (I always got an error message) but went well on MacOS. The web interface showed that the firmware was correct, I pressed "update" and after a while the router rebooted. But still no connecton possible on LAN (or even WAN).

Maybe email customer service to get replacement.

1 Like

You mean GL customer service? Do you have the email address maybe?

support@glinet.biz or Contact Us - GL.iNet