[Bug?] GL-MV1000 USB-C > Ethernet connection issue

I recently got a GL-MV1000 and connect it with my Mac mini using USB-C port. However, every time after a VPN connection, the USB connection would drop (self-assigned IP in macOS) until I restart my Mac. Software issue?

It could be. Are you using openvpn connection?

Yes I am using an OpenVPN UDP profile for Ivacy. It’s very annoying that I have to restart my Mac mini every time the connection is lost. :frowning:

I will check mine. Thanks for reporting this.

Thank you @alzhao! Hope there will be a solution to my issue soon :smiley:

hey @alzhao - I’m having the very same issue. I have Wireguard set up on a Brume-W (GL-MV1000W) and the connection drops (same with OpenVPN). Software version is 3.104.

Steps to reproduce:

• Set up Wireguard or OpenVPN Client
  • Unplug Router
  • Connect Brume with a Mac via the USB Type-C port (mine is Catalina 10.15.7)
  • Router starts booting and Mac communicates with DHCP server and everything gets setup
  • Router finishes booting up the connection drops on Mac and it gets a self-assigned IP

I tried setting up the addresses manually on my mac (gateway, DNS and everything). It states that it’s connected and shows the green light, however, I’m not able to access the internet nor the router. There must be something going wrong while booting up because it seems to be working for a short time.

@dotdd I wonder if you managed to find a fix for this?

I’ve just updated to 3.105 - same issue. I can, however, confirm that the issue is not present if used without VPN.

I filed a bug internally. Sorry for missing thi.s

1 Like