Bugs: Wifi Wrong Password Or Channel

So i found 2 bugs.

When adding a new repeater, if you enter the wrong password for one of the selected AP’s, the router will try to connect over and over trying to make a bridge, even though the password is wrong. Because of this, it becomes impossible to connect to the router via wifi.

If the saved repeater has for some reason changed its channel (Asus routers for example can scan for congestion and change their channel when needed automatically) then the same as above happens, the router tries to make a bridge and can’t because the AP is now on another channel, fails, and retries over and over blocking wifi.

The solution for the 2 problems above is to 1, fail and disable the AP if the password is wrong, so it does not try to connect many times. Second, on scan of AP’s, make sure the saved AP is on the same channel as before, if not, update the channel and THEN connect.

Could you give it a test @alzhao @kyson-lok

1 Like

@Johnex Thanks for your testing.There is indeed the two bug. We have been fixed.

If the saved repeater has for some reason changed its channel … then the same as above happens, the router tries to make a bridge and can’t because the AP is now on another channel, fails, and retries over and over blocking wifi.

What worries me about this is what about corporate/hotel/etc. situations where there’s many AP with the same SSID spread among many channels; does this mean that once the AR-750 (et al.) have associated with a certain AP, they’re now bound to that AP, and won’t roam (in case of better signal strength or thruput, etc.)?

I think that is what would happen with the bug. At least from testing at home, changing the channel, the SSID even in the config “/etc/config/ssids” was stored with a fixed channel, and would not connect to any other.

Channel is stored but is not used. It should roam.

If not then it is a bug.

@alzhao @kyson-lok already confirmed it as a bug before, and that it’s fixed (he didn’t say if next firmware or v3)

@kyson-lok which firmware version will this be fixed on? it happened to me again, and i had to reset the router since i didn’t have a lan cable with me :frowning:

@Johnex v3 firmware which will release last of next month.

@Johnex If you wanna it soon, I can send you a ipk to install via command line, do you?

@kyson-lok Sure send me the ipk :slight_smile: It’s for the Mifi

I wouldn’t mind trying it either, please. AR-750.

@Johnex @kennethrc Can I have your e-mail address? I will send ipk to you.

@kyson-lok i sent you a pm with my email :slight_smile:

@Johnex Okay, will send you the ipk tomorrow, have off work now.