Build package for GL-MT300N-V2

I am trying to build a package for GL-MT300N-V2 (specifically horst, which is available for GL-MT300N but not V2). Below are my steps:

(1) Obtain repo from GitHub - domino-team/openwrt-cc: openwrt CC with Domino/GL patches and followed the instructions to update and install feeds

(2) Start make menuconfig, chose target Ralink RT288x/RT3xxx and subtarget MT7628 — please tell me if these are correct?

(3) Make and got package horst_5.0-1_ramips_24kec.ipk

(4) Scp the ipk file to the unit and run opkg, but then got the following error:

Unknown package ‘horst’.

Collected errors:

• pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for horst found, but incompatible with the architectures configured

• opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package horst.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Hello — any suggestions for my problem? Thanks in advance!

Use this one. Don’t use openwrt. MT300N-V2 has LEDE inside.

Thanks for the pointer. Now I can build and install horst (and tcpdump, wavemon, etc), but they can not sniff WiFi packets. Can you confirm whether GL-MT300N-V2 supports monitor mode?

Also I pre-ordered a GL-AR750 with the aim of using it as dual-band sniffer. If it cannot function as such, I would like to cancel my order.

Thanks!

@huanchunye,

The stock firmware of MT300N-V2 uses MTK driver and cannot support monitor mode. If you compile your own firmware, please try open source driver which should support monitoring mode. We don’t use the open source driver in this model as when it works as AP, it is not stable. But I am not sure about monitoring mode.

Other models include AR750 works in monitoring mode.

What is the open source wireless driver? What is the model?

please try the imagebuilder

If you select mt76 it will install the open source drivers.

Don’t select kmod-mt7628 which is the MTK driver.