Can copy folder with files to network share (samba) but not individual files Mac OS Ventura GL-AXT1800

I have replicated the issue on MacOS Mojave. And I referred to Configure Samba to Work Better with Mac OS X - SambaWiki
and
Mac OS X v10.5, v10.6: About named streams on SMB-mounted NAS, Mac OS X, and Windows servers; "-36" or "-50" alerts may appear - Apple Support
(Disabling named streams)
but didn’t make it work totally okay. Sometimes the errors reported are even inconsistent.
Maybe that will help on your MacOS.

Hi, Can you also check the part of the init script that handles the “smb.conf.template” and “smb.conf.template4”. It looks like when the two files are not the same, template4 always replaces the “.template” file, and a backup copy is store in template4_old.

is there a bug in the script?

I think template4 should only override “.template” when you press the reset for 4 seconds to perform the network reset. During a normal reboot, .template should be kept as it is.

Thanks!

I found that the backup copy operation is executed by /etc/init.d/gl_nas_sys process.
You can disable it once you’ve done the init setup.

/etc/init.d/gl_nas_sys disable

Hi all,

I’ve been following this thread and I managed to get it to work! Im quite new to this, please could someone explain how to edit the /etc/samba/smb.conf from a Mac please? Because at the moment I just edit it from the advanced settings page, services, network sharing, then edit template and this seems to reset each time it reboots.

Thanks in advance.

Please edit “/etc/samba/smb.conf.template” and “/etc/samba/smb.conf.template4”