Can GL-AXT1800 support USB Gadget mode?

I need to repurpose a small router running OpenWRT, GL-AXT1800 seems like a good candidate if the USB port supports USB gadget.

Does the GL-AXT1800 support USB gadget? (after installing some kernel mods for OpenWRT)

Thanks

(I tried researching the CPU, IPQ6000, and while I know it can do USB 3.0, it is still unclear if that port supports device/gadget mode instead of host mode)

1 Like

The gadget mode is not supported.

Does GL iNet have a product that does have a way of implementing USB gadget?

There is no way to support gadget.

I wonder if transfer cables work since they’re simply USB - Ethernet - Ethernet - USB like these:

Maybe this will work if the kmod-usb-gadget packages are available for installation:

I do not work for and I do not have formal association with GL.iNet

[quote]I wonder if transfer cables work since they’re simply USB - Ethernet - Ethernet - USB like these:
[/quote]

Thanks but that won’t work, I need to directly set USB descriptors and control the USB endpoints.

Thanks. That was the plan, but the SoC (the CPU of the router) must also support it, and the reality is, most of them don’t. If the staff here is actually telling me no, then I believe them, since they are missing out on a sale. I do appreciate that they didn’t just lie lol.

gl-mv1000 is possible to support USB device mode. Its type c power port can be used as a USB ethernet. But this product is discontinued manufacturing. Not recommended.