Can I access NAS when 'No Internet if VPN is not connected' is ticked?

I have a GL-AR300M with the following setup:

• Modem connected to GL-AR300M WAN port via LAN cable
  • NAS drive connected to modem via LAN cable
  • GL-AR300M connected to internet via VPN
  • PC's connected to GL-AR300M via WiFi

In GL-AR300M if I don’t select ‘No Internet if VPN is not connected’ I can access the NAS drive via WiFi on all PCs. However, if I select ‘No Internet if VPN is not connected’ then the NAS is no longer accessible. Is this correct functionality, as ideally I would like to leave ‘No Internet if VPN is not connected’ selected but still have access to my NAS.

Yes. This is correct. If you select this option, all traffic will go to vpn.

Could I suggest a feature request whereby it’s possible to select this option but still have access to internal networks? Am I correct in thinking that with this option unselected if my VPN connection fails then everything connected to the router will have access to the internet without going through VPN?

Do I understand correctly?

You want to use vpn and at the same time, you want to access NAS. Does it work if you don’t select “No Internet if VPN is not connected”?

Currently I can access both the internet and NAS if “No Internet if VPN is not connected” is not selected. What I want is to be able to access both when it is selected so if the VPN connection drops while connected to the internet then the internet connection also drops but I still have access to the NAS on the local network. Does this make sense or have I misinterpreted the logic?