Can I modify the default output content of OLED Display on GL E750?

Need write some code and run it ?
Or add some code into the firmWare source code ,compile it & refresh it into the machine ?

The default content cannot be modified, it is fixed in the MCU firmware. We provide configuration, you can hide/show the default page, provide a custom page, you can display your own information.

if I wanna import display some customized dynamic content instead of static ‘test msg’ , how to do that ?
for example:
I wanna display the current GPS position data (Lontitude=129 Nor,Latitude=81 East … ) on that small LED screen while I inserted a USB GPS antenna into the USB2.0 port of the machine.
Can’t modify MCU firmware?? :thinking:

You do not need to modify the MCU firmware to display your dynamic information. This requires you to write a shell script to obtain GPS information regularly, and replace the key value of content with your own information.

echo {"display_mask": "1f", "custom_en": "1", "content": " your GPS info "} >/tmp/mcu_message &&killall -17 e750-mcu

1 Like

Need to add escape character
echo {\"display_mask\": \"1f\", \"custom_en\": \"1\", \"content\": \" your GPS info \"} >/tmp/mcu_message &&killall -17 e750-mcu

Need write the dynamic GPS position stream data into the file ‘mcu_message’ continuously ?

Yes, you can update the data regularly according to your needs, with an interval of 60s, 30s or other

To be clear, this defines the screens that will be displayed on the LCS screen using the display_mask parameter. 1f will display all. custom_en sets up that the custom display will be used and content is the permanent message to be displayed.

An alternative approach might be:

Turn off all the default screens and set up the customisation screen to display with the value “— Default —”

echo ‘{ “display_mask”: “0”, “custom_en”: “1”, “content”: “— Default —” }’ >/dev/ttyS0

display_mask : This value indicates whether the screens, 1-5 are displayed. You need to convert this value to the corresponding binary when setting. For example, 0x03 converted to binary is 00011, which means that only the first screen and the second screen are displayed; the default 1f, that is, 11111, displays 5 screen contents. 0 will turn off all screens.

To send a message to the screen that will temporarily be displayed:

echo ‘{ “msg”: “— GPS info —” }’ >/dev/ttyS0

1 Like