Cannot connect to open hotel wifi anymore, getting wrong key when connecting

Hi, I now installed the latest snapshot, there it works.

@alzhao can it really be the fix is not present in the latest beta, only in the latest snapshot?

1 Like

@alzhao

I am now in a different room of the same hotel, having the snapshot where it worked as described above, but again I am getting the wrong key error…

So the same firmware, worked in one room. But after you change room it happens again?

It has this problem everytime?

I think the problem stays the same.

The thing is…
After changing the room I was able to connect to hotel Wifi, with no change to the firmware (so the old beta). Then I had to disconnect the beryl from power and reconnect it and then it did not connect anymore, problem as described above with “wrong key”. I then flashed the newest beta with keeping settings - “wrong key” again. I then flashed the same newest beta without keeping settings - “wrong key” again…

:frowning:

Sorry can you go back to 3.203 first.

Recent update of Beryl is broken in this part. Will fix on Thursday.

@alzhao

I tested the 0505 snapshot firmware, but it does not work, is it not fixed in this version?

A different question:
is there a firmware with the new driver and with the “wrong key” fix?
(MT1300 does not connect to hotel Wifi, why?)

@alzhao
I tried the 0506 snapshot, same wrong key :frowning:

I now tried a different open Wifi on another hotel location (but separate from the one before): I get the same "“wrong key” with this 0506 snapshot :frowning:

I suspect this would happen on all open Wifi then?

I now use my 750 Creta again, I bought the Beryl to replace the Creta, but at the current state I cannot do that :frowning: Not happy about that :frowning:

Sorry the snapshot didn’t apply the fix.

Will fix the problem asap!

1 Like

I just tried snapshot openwrt-mt300n-v2-3.212-0513.bin (Date: 2022-05-12 20:13:47) on my GL-MT300N-V2 Mango, still get “wrong key”.
I hope you will find a solution for this annoying bug.
Regards,
Eric from Paris.

I tested the snapshot on May 12 and I don’t have wrong key message anymore.

Can you give further details? e.g. SSID and key.

@alzhao

I installed the 1805 snapshot on my Beryl and still get the wrong key message.

The Wifi Name is KP1_Guest and there is no key, it is an open Wifi.

I see. @JerryZhao can you have a check?

@alzhao

just to make clear, this hotel Wifi is completely unencrypted. In February, when I came here first, I was able to connect for a short time, but then not anymore. The hotel has different places with different Wifi Names but they are all unencrypted.

But I keep getting the wrong key message, as if the Beryl tries to connect to the Wifi as if it was encrypted, but it is open.

Forget the network and try again?

The network is not even stored, currently there are no Wifi networks remembered to delete.

Connecting to open network “wrong key” bug is fixed in 3.215 beta1

https://dl.gl-inet.com/?model=mt1300&type=beta

@alzhao

I installed the latest 0523 Snapshot, is the “wrong key” bug supposed to be fixed there as well or only in the beta1?

Because with this snapshot I still get the “wrong key”.

This is what I tried. The same as you.

I made a open network and I can connect.

Maybe you can go back to 3.203?

The reason I did not want to go back to 3.203 is this:

Apparently with the new driver it worked then, but I will try :frowning:

@alzhao

I now installed 3.203 again, but I get the problem mentioned above again.
I click the button to connect, then iit waits and then nothing. No connection, no new wifi in saved networks, no Wifi. If my room wouldnt have a LAN outlet, I would not be able to use the beryl :frowning:

So, 203 not useable, 215 is not useable, 211 is not useable :frowning:

What is wrong with my beryl? is it somewhat broken?