Can't connect via PPPoE

I have a 4G sim on it, but I also connected via HCTP with the cable of connect to my ISP router.

what is hctp?

???

And what type of connection does you isp router use? ADSL?

HTCP, my ISP uses FTTH, they deliver the fiber to a small box and that box has an ethernet cable to connect to my router. The ISP provides a fritz box 5530 as router, if that’s relevant

Got it thanks.

Disable the 4g connection, then try to connect using pppoe.

Does the fritz Wok without issues? Can you check the pppoe settings from there ?

I am suspecting that MAC address of the fritz is authorized to connect to your isp ! So you might need to set your AP1300 to the Mac of the fritz.

It does not work, just tried.

Yes the fritz, works, let me try to setup the ap1300 with the fritz mac address
here’s the error it shows:

Plugin rp-pppoe.so loaded.
RP-PPPoE plugin version 3.8p compiled against pppd 2.4.7
pppd 2.4.7 started by root, uid 0
Plugin rp-pppoe.so loaded.
RP-PPPoE plugin version 3.8p compiled against pppd 2.4.7
pppd 2.4.7 started by root, uid 0 

To set the Mac,

Login to LuCi
Go to interfaces
edit the wan interface and enter the Mac there

Always keep testing while 4g is disconnected otherwise the pppoe authentication will be routed through 4g connection instead of the wan port

Where exactly in WAN?

Login to LuCi and you can find it under devices or interface - I don’t recall which one.

It’s called MAC override.

Does not work, but it does not makes much sense(they would not block to mac address), here they offer the freedom to use any router you want and also provide a documentation on the ISP website.

Hi, You have ti use vlanid 835 for the wan, you can set it in luci then set ppoe with credential that you have by ISP.

thanks for the answer, where exactly should I set vlanid as 835 for the wan in the luci?

You skipped that!!!

Yes, I answered not sure, because I don’t know what that is…where should I set it?

I found where to set vlan id but I have no ideahow to do it, which ports should I set tagged, untagged or off for 835?

in Luci:
Network/Interfaces/WAN/

Protocol: PPPoE (not DHCP!)
Device: Eth0
PAP/CHAP Username: username provided by ISP
PAP/CHAP Password: password provided by ISP

in physical settings of WAN you should have the option for VLAN ID

No VLAN ID in physical settings…

1 Like

add it manually in /etc/config/networks

ssh to your router
opkg update
opkg install nano
nano /etc/config/networks

here you should have something like this (scroll down until you find config interface ‘wan’:

config interface ‘wan’
option vlanid ‘enter here isp vlan id tag for pppoe’
option disabled ‘0’
option password ‘enter here isp provided pppoe password’
option proto ‘pppoe’
option username ‘enter here isp provided pppoe username’
option device ‘eth0’
option metric ‘10’
option ipv6 ‘1’
option force_link ‘0’

edit vlan id, username and password (ipv6 if needed)
after editing ctrl+x (option ipv6 ‘1’ only if isp provides ipv6/you need it. if not: option ipv6 ‘0’
type y
hit enter
reboot router or restart wan interface/reload network config and it should work

eg.

config interface ‘wan’
option vlanid ‘835’
option disabled ‘0’
option password ‘abcd1234’
option proto ‘pppoe’
option username ‘name@tiscali.it’
option device ‘eth0’
option metric ‘10’
option ipv6 ‘1’
option force_link ‘0’

check with your provider you have pppoe and not IPoE. for IPoE with tagged vlan setup is different

if IPoE (in luci: network/interfaces/devices) you’ll need to add a new vlan (802.1q) device with base device eth0(wan), vlan id xxx (your vlan id), device name eth0.xxx (xxx your vlan id) and MAC address the mac from ISP provided router. and after to point wan interface to this new created device - see last post here: Connecting my router to my ONT & ISP - #10 by alzhao

my pppoe
pppoe

1 Like