Captive Portal Test Firmware for AR750?

Hello, I’m a flight attendant for a large airline, and I basically live at hotels. I bought this router to give me an easier way to stay secure, but also connect all of my devices to the hotel wifi seamlessly. In the many countries I stay, very few captive portals work without a crazy amount of troubleshooting. Usually, it’s phone, to portal, mac spoof phone. then manually set dns to the gateway dns, and pray the portal comes up which is rare.

I own the GL-AR750, with the latest firmware. I was wondering if you guys were going to provide the portal testing firmware to this device as well. I see it’s only available on the slate. If you guys would like me to do some testing and troubleshooting while on my travels I would love to assist. I am usually at two different hotels a week.

Thanks for reading, and hope there is a better way in the future to get up and running at hotels. :slight_smile:

Yes, please post in the bugger tracker as it is actively tracked.

Engineers could provide the firmware for testing. I am testing it and it works in someway. But not very efficient.

1 Like

Apologies. I’m searching around. Where do I find the bug tracker to submit this to?

Go to the homepage of the forum and you can find there is a highlighted text.

I’m having the exact same issue. Captive portal is not being triggered in the “normal” way. Running lastest version 3.x of firmware.

I also don’t see any bug tracker link on the forum home page, can you just post a link to it in this post?

It’s at the top of the page just above the first topic:
“If you have a problem while using our product and service, found a bug or request a new feature, please submit your ticket in the dedicated bug tracker

You have to be logged in for the link to work.

Ah, got it, located at the top of the page.
Thanks.