Check Modem Model

I have what I expected to be a Spitz with an EC-25AF. The sticker on the bottom says that’s what it is.

However, I can not lock to Band 66.

My phone is using CA with bands 2 and 66 and seeing about 120Mbps, but the Spitz is using band 2 and only seeing about 14Mbps.

I’m wondering if maybe I got the wrong modem, but I can’t see how to check the modem model from the UI. How can I do that? Or does it just not support locking to 66 for some reason?

Okay, so I got it to lock to band 66 with the following AT command:

AT+QCFG=“band”,2e0,20000000000000000,0

However, I’m seeing a hard limit at 12Mbps. Putting my phone on only B66 (no CA) sees about 45mbps. Any thoughts on a possible bottleneck?

Because my phone is showing 150mbps, and the Spitz is showing about 1/10 of that.

The Quectel docs say this should support CA, which I’m not getting (I just get “ERROR” when I try to check QA status with an AT command), and even so I’m showing 1/10 the throughput of my other device, so something seems off.

EC25 is cat4, not cat6, without carrier aggregation

You can see what module is installed on the main internet page:

And yes the EC25 is Cat 4 only. The EP06 is Cat 6 .

Ahh. Thanks.

So, it’s the right modem. However, the way it caps at 12Mbps and doesn’t vary either faster or slower is giving me the impression of a bottleneck somewhere. Any thoughts on what might cause that?

It may just be coincidence that USB 1.0 spec is 12Mbps, but I’m wondering if there’s a driver issue causing the modem to fall back to USB 1.0 instead of full speed 2.0?

Are you running the latest firmware 3.1000?

https://dl.gl-inet.com/firmware/x750/testing/

(I’ve loaded on my Spitz but haven’t tested)

Currently 3.0.27…

Will update and report back.

Still seeing 12Mbps on the 750 (Band 66), but 150Mbps on iPhone.

What model iPhone?

I know nothing about Apple products but a quick Google search shows that if it’s a 6s or above it’s doing Cat 6 or better… …

It’s cat 16, and shows it’s doing 2CA (B2/B66), but I would not expect a 10x speed increase by simply adding 5mhz of B2.

Is that wrong?