Configure torrc file - Set up exit node on TOR firmware

Hello!

I have GL-AR300M with the latest TOR firmware.

Is it possible somehow to make exit node located in particular country? For example, I need my IP address for the particular service I use to be Spanish.

On PC or MAC I can configure torrc file and make the exit node to be located only in Spain, so my IP would be Spanish only.

Is it possible to do the same using TOR firmware with Gli mini router? Where to find such settings?

Sorry guys for posting in Hardware sub-forum, please move it to the correct one :frowning:

After google I got this:

Dear Alzhao, thank you very much for your message. However, if you read my first message, you will see that the problem I met is: how to find TORRC file, which should be edited (in fact it is something like plain text file)???

It is possible to set up the exit node by configuring TORRC file (it is described by the link you provided and I mentioned this in my first message).

However, the problem is: how to find TORRC file, if I am using GL-AR300M? By the link you gave, they explain how to find it on PC, Linux or Mac).

Where is it located in the case of GL-AR300M? Can I find it and edit after I upload the firmware to router, or maybe it should be done before the upload.

I understood I should look for a torrc file through the SSH.

It is located:

vi /etc/tor/torrc

There I configured it and added 2 strings to set up the exit node in France (for example), but it is not working :frowning:

RunAsDaemon 1 AllowUnverifiedNodes middle,rendezvous Log notice syslog ## Only run as a client, never a relay or exit ClientOnly DataDirectory /var/lib/tor User tor SocksPort 9050 SocksPort 192.168.8.1:9050 AutomapHostsSuffixes .onion,.exit AutomapHostsOnResolve 1 VirtualAddrNetworkIPv4 10.192.0.0/10 TransPort 192.168.8.1:9040 DNSPort 192.168.8.1:9053 ExitNodes {fr} StrictNodes 1

You have the correct file.

I just tested the same and it works!!!

I modified the file as you do and restarted Tor. You can reboot.

Now I repeated to check my ip address using checkip.com and I always got a France IP.

Sorry, alzhao,

I did additional testing and it appeared to be my fault: I used some unreliable website to check the location IP and it showed sometimes Switzerland and Chech Republic. However, 5 others and checkip.com showed France.

Thank you for the great service!!! I recommend GLI products to all my friends – for the great support and FAQ for every occasion :slight_smile:

P.S. I suppose this thread would be helpful for others, as far as for example I was not very familiar with configuring via SSH.