Connect to fon wifi

Easy guys. I hope everybody is happy here because they solved their problems.

1 Like

Hi, some people find it easier than others to find information. i have found that the best thing is to point them always to that information (i worked with elder people new to tech for instance where you have to show them things many times and it;s ok.

I do not have the script running I have to log into it everyday, actually it has been very unstable lately, because I have 4 FON Networks with the same SSID, it keeps changing network.

The GL forum is very friendly and useful, lets keep it that way :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahh Ok thanks for the update. I agree I like to help people myself just some people jump to saying useless things like “Did you bother to read any of the thread?” I feel thats uncalled for when I was asking and directed the message to you.

I have a mate who might be able to help me out. If he gets it working I will post a how to on here.

I have a old Fon router running DDWRT it seems to give me better results tbh I was hoping this box would have managed to give me a bit more speed.

Thanks again,

Kevin

What can’t you get to work? Connecting to the hotspot or run an auto-connect script?

The connection part is explained several times in this thread and is easy / basic.

Fon presents “just another captive portal”, nothing special. You could write something that polls a portal detection page and inserts your credentials automatically if required, but Fon themselves have done this for Android and iOS as a free app, so not really worth the effort.