Connecting Samsung S21 Ultra to GL-AXT1800 (Slate) via USB for Wired Internet Connection

Hello GL.iNet Support,

I recently purchased a GL-AXT1800 (Slate) router and I’m hoping to set up a wired internet connection to my Samsung S21 Ultra via router’s USB interface. I’ve heard that this might be possible, but I’d appreciate step-by-step guidance on how to accomplish this.

Additionally, I’d like to understand if I should disable the USB tethering option on the usb port before making this connection or if there’s a specific setting on the router I should be aware of. ATM when i connect s21 to usb port, i am getting only charging and Ethernet setting in my Connections menu is greyed out

Thank you for your assistance. Looking forward to your prompt response.

Best Regards, Maxim

If you disable USB Tethering on your Samsung first, then plug into the GL-AXT1800, do you get a popup in the smartphone notification area to select which USB mode to use?

You can also try Ethernet Tethering on your Samsung by plugging in a USB Ethernet adapter and using an Ethernet cable to connect to the GL-AXT1800 Ethernet WAN port.

Make sure to disable wifi on the Samsung, so the cellular connection is used for Internet.

I do not work for and I am not directly associated with GL.iNet