Create Local Network for Off-Grid Use

I’m under the impression I can use the GL-AR300M to create an off-grid network within my van to connect a android cell phone or Amazon Fire HD with downloaded movies to display on a flat screen TV with Amazon Firestick TV. I’d be using it like this in areas without WiFi or cell service. At this time I really don’t need it for anything else like for use with public hotspots.

I’d like to be able to power up and have a visible network to connect my devices. How would I do this?

Sorry, I didn’t understand what you meant.
The router will not shut down or disable Wi-Fi due to no Internet connection. You just need to plug it in and connect your client to the router’s Wi-Fi. Are you having any problems using it?

I think I get it now. I’ll know for sure when I’m off grid (no cell and home wifi) if it can be used as I’d like, but I think it will be fine.

However, I did have a problem today, getting back into the admin page at 192.168.8.1 Once set up, what’s the best way to reach the page?

You can access it with your browser. Please note that setting up a network reset will require you to reconnect to WiFi.
If you are using a mobile phone, you can also try our App.