DD-WRT AR150 Issues- not working

Hello-

I have a AR150 that seems not to run dd-wrt once loaded thru uboot. I follow the process documented on this site for the 6416, and it seems to flash fine, but it never provides either a dynamic ip (on either interface), nor does ddwrt ever show up in SSID list.

It does flash the left red led once every 10- 15 seconds. I have reset the unit and tried multiple dd-wrt versions for the 703/710.

Any ideas what is going on here? Has anyone gotten dd-wrt working on this unit- or only the 6416?

Thanks!

David

Sorry ddwrt is not working on AR150. It only works for 6416. I don’t know why. The kernel stops during boot.

I wrote to ddwrt to asking if they can support AR150, but no replies. It would be better that users push on their forum.

Thanks for confirming there is an actual issue- I was concerned I was not doing something correctly.

I’ve purchased the 6416, I really like your hardware but I need dd-wrt/OpenVPN for my application.

I’ll definitely try to push for dd-wrt support on their forums.

Thanks,

David

Got my 6416 (gl-inet) today and loaded the latest TL-WR710N load: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/03-02-2016-r29193/tplink_tl-wr710nv1/factory-to-ddwrt.bin

Have OpenVPN client cofigured and running easily.

Thanks for the nice hardware!

<h1></h1>

Thanks for the update

In case anyone is interested, here is my forum post over on the DD-WRT side of the world:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1012193#1012193

Thanks,

David

I posted a reply there.

You cannot install ddwrt for Tp link routers because tp-link firmware need a different linux header.

You can try ddwrt for 8device carambola2. The kernel boots but stops for some reason in the middle. Don’t know why!

As of 25-04-2016 DD-WRT for AR150 is availible: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/07-01-2016-r30082/GL.iNet-AR150/

@Freek, thanks. This is very useful.

I bought one and sent it to the ddwrt dev team and they did the port. Very very quickly I would add.

Thanks

David

@cherokeesix, you are the hero