Dd-wrt?

I have had no luck flashing dd-wrt to the 6414, despite following http://www.gl-inet.com/w/?p=561. I have no problems entering the u-boot web interface, but uploading the factory-to-ddwrt.bin for the 703n causes the flashing process to hang, and even after waiting 5 min before power cycling, the device never reboots. Fortunately I can go back to stock using the 6416’s OEM firmware downloaded from this site.

Any suggestions are appreciated, and would be super excited if someone compiled a dd-wrt for this device.

Is this the firmware you are using: http://www.dd-wrt.com/routerdb/de/download/TP-Link/TL-WR703N/1.x/factory-to-ddwrt.bin/4138

So you didn’t see any SSID called “ddwrt”? And when you connect Ethernet cable to the “WAN” port, did you get dynamic IP?

OK, making progress. The firmware you link to is the same that can be downloaded from dd-wrt.com (I diffed the files). Now dd-wrt is working. I didn’t initially understand that it appears that the LAN ethernet port seems to be disabled in dd-wrt (probably because the original firmware is for a 1xEthernet device). Once I configured via wireless, everything seems to be working.

It is good to know that you can easily return dd-wrt to its defaults by holding the reset button until the red light goes off.

Thanks, alzhao!

Good to know this!

It is good to know that you can easily return dd-wrt to its defaults by holding the reset button until the red light goes off.

I just install my 6416A into dd-wrt and get no problem at all.tested using firmware r27805 for tplink_tl-wr710nv1. And upgrade via failsafe
the firmware link use this “ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/09-11-2015-r27805/tplink_tl-wr710nv1/factory-to-ddwrt.bin” . and return to gl-openwrt with no problem using gl .2.0 firmware.

Sorry my fault firmware r27805 for tplink_tl-wr710nv1 try again there no wifi connection, i have no ide about that, first time i try it’s working now. But now it not, i’ll be update is there if i found what wrong

Hey Update,

i can use dd-wrt in my 6416A Great Device. i already tested with dd-wrt, openwrt, Gargoyle all working great…

now i just want to share setup dd-wrt with 6416A.

download dd-wrt firmware :
i tested with r27858
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/09-28-2015-r27858/tplink_tl-wr710nv1/ –> have OpenVPN
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/09-28-2015-r27858/tplink_tl-wr703nv1/ –> Only PPTP server and client

load to device using Failsafe mode

Connect LAN cable to port LAN .
After flash if you didn’t get dhcp ip change your cable to WAN port. it should be fine

the you can see the dd-wrt.

I hope it will help some one… :slight_smile:

Note:

If you already flash dd-wrt wr703 then you want to flash again using Failsafe mode. for your safe please save you setting and default factory. is not when flash to wr710n your setting will be no change (it will store). just be careful about that…

regard

Does the OpenVPN works good?

yes @alzhao working good.

Can you perform a speedtest with Internet Speed Test – AT&T Official Site while connected. If not available in your region please use http://www.speedtest.net/. What service provider are you using and do they state the bandwidth?

Hello,
Can you help me understand how to flash my router (6416) in DD-wrt?
I’m not entirely zero, I can access the “Failsafe” and communicate Telnet (I’m on Windows 10), I can not send the new software on it, with a video I perhaps understand better . My problem is that I find no tutorial “clear”, I am French and I quite magnifying step tutorials on English because I do not understand English too.
Since no tutorial available in French, I expect once I understood everything, posting the tutorial in French on the forum to help other people like me.
PS: sorry about the translation with Google translation.

Bonjour,
Pouvez-vous m’aider comprendre comment flasher mon router(6416) sous DD-wrt ?
Je ne suis pas totalement nul, j’arrive à accéder au “Failsafe” et a communiquer en Telnet (je suis sous windows 10), je n’arrive pas en envoyer le nouveau logiciel dessus, avec une vidéo je comprendrais peut-être mieux. Mon problème est que je ne trouve aucun tutoriel “claire”, je suis français et je loupe pas mal d’étape sur les tutoriels anglais car je ne comprend pas trop l’anglais.
Comme aucun tutoriel existe en français, je compte, une fois avoir tout compris, poster le tutoriel en français sur le forum pour aider d’autre personne comme moi.
PS : désolé de la traduction avec Google traduction.

All right, I found a website that allowed me to understand how to send the Roma:

As there is a USB port, it’s easy, I would have thought of it before.

C’est bon, j’ai trouvé un site qui ma permis de comprendre comment envoyer la rom :

Comme il y a un port USB, c’est facile, j’aurais du y pensé avant.
Je laisse le liens pour les personnes qui en on besoin.

I wrote a post of installing DDWRT in GLI routers. 404 Page not found - GL.iNet

Pls check