Default wifi parameters restore at each reboot

:wave: Hello,

Since the latest 3.212 firmware update, I do experiment this new issue. After each router reboot, Wi-Fi parameters are reset to default one. I’m using the GL-MT300N-V2 router. Within the “wireless” tab I keep seeing my personal parameters, while the network name and password setup, visible from my devices, are the default one.

Editing anything inside that tab and saving it, does restore my custom parameters. But I should do that after each reboot, which is pretty annoying.

I tried to factory reset the whole router parameters without any effect. I did not try to revert firmware to previous version for now. Does someone experience the same issue ?

Do you mean that, the wifi SSID and key are what you set up but actually from your pc, you see something differnet?

Can you give a more detailed steps to investigate this issue?

:wave: @alzhao,

After each reboot, the generated Wi-Fi SSID is GL-MT300N-V2-bfb and password is goodlife. In the same time, I can still see, within the admin panel, my custom SSID and password.

After editing anything inside the “wireless” tab, the updated Wi-Fi network is correct. The generated SSID & password are matching admin panel informations.

But the next time I restart, I’m back to square one.

Is it clearer with these clarifications?

Yes. It seems very strange. Did you install anything and make the flash full?

I have not installed any extra plug-in, I have 19% (3 MB) free disk space left.
Factory reset through the reset button did not change anything. I will try to revert firmware, then upgrade again and let you know.

After several tests, I think I understand the problem a little better.
I did my tests from a fresh factory reset 3.212 firmware in both cases. I use the “MAC clone” functionality, and I think that the issue may be related to this one.

First tests:

• :globe_with_meridians: select admin panel language
  • :key: set admin panel password
  • :signal_strength: update Wi-Fi SSID and password
  • :electric_plug: enable MAC clone functionality
  • :arrows_counterclockwise: reboot router
  • :x: KO, information displayed within the admin panel mismatch the real generated Wi-Fi SSID & password

Second tests:

• :globe_with_meridians: select admin panel language
  • :key: set admin panel password
  • :signal_strength: update Wi-Fi SSID and password
  • :electric_plug: enable MAC clone functionality
  • :white_check_mark: OK, everything works like a charm

The only difference is that I restarted the router after changing the wi-fi settings and before activating the MAC clone. I reproduced these two scenarios several times with the same results.

You are right about the first test. It is a bug. I submmited bug internally.

1 Like