Difficulty setting up Brume 2 with Eero Mesh

I am not as tech savvy as most of you so please bear with me and just help me get across the finish line.

I have frontier fiber and their modem connected to 3 Eero Pro 6 mesh routers.

My main goal is to utilize the Brume 2 (GL-MT2500A) security gateway for its VPN (specifically WireGuard) to network back into the house from phone when away from my LAN.

My first attempt at a setup went like this.

1. Connected WAN from modem to WAN on Brume.
  2. Connected Ethernet from Brume to laptop to setup Brume.

The setup appeared to go just fine. Logged in, enabled and setup VPN WireGuard server, turned on, downloaded app on phone and successfully enabled with QR.

It appears to connnect to VPN, and it shows that on phone and the GUI page. No such luck in connecting to home with WiFi off to test.

This is as far as I’ve gotten and I’m stumped.

Modem -connecting to> Brume via WAN port - connecting to> Eero Mesh Router via lan port from brume.

Things I noticed:

1. IP of brume is set at 192.168.8.1 which is a different IP series from the Eero. Do these need to be on the same subnet (is that what it’s called?) the 3rd number - 8?

Not sure what I need to do. Hopefully someone can help me. This is all confusing to me.

I appreciate your time

Modem -connecting to> Brume 192.168.8.1 via WAN port - connecting to> Eero Mesh Router WAN port?
That’s a double nat setup, and you will not be able to connect to anything on the local network behind the Eero.

Modem -connecting to> Eero via WAN port - connecting to> Brume 2 WAN port
^ the above is recommended if you can portforward from the Eero to the Brume 2 and set a static ip for the Brume 2, then the Brume 2 would be on the local network and can access local devices:
further details are here:

Thank you for the reply. I will try this and report back.