DNS filtering on GL-X750V2 (AdGuard possible?)

I’ve just ordered GL-X750v2, which i intend to use for my van/mobile setup. It will be my main router (LTE+local wifi). I have also added GL-AR300M16 which will be used for wifi bridge (per need).

I usually use Pi Hole on raspi Zeros on my home setups for DNS filtering, but i would prefer this time to use something on router itsefl. Has anyone managed to run AdGuard or any other DSN filtering package for openwrt on GL-X750v2?

thanks!

GL-X750v2 is not one of the router on the GL.iNet list:

The GL-X750v2 does not have much storage.

I do not work for and I do not have formal association with GL.iNet

simple-adblock fits and works fairly well on devices as small as the USB150. You won’t get the pretty stats like you would from pihole, but you can still block a bunch of trash.

But it does have SD card (is it too slow to keep there lists?

cheers! I do not use overly big lists anyways and i do not need fancy stats like on pi hole :slight_smile:

You can use Extroot onto an SD card /overlay partition. I did this on my AR300M just for personal amusement, but AdGuardHome was quite slow. The GL-X750V2 has the same CPU and flash storage.

I do not work for and I do not have formal association with GL.iNet

Yeah, seems single core QCA9531 ain’t enough. Will try it just for fun.

In the end i might (again and again) just use PiZero and stick it on the router (and use it’s usb port for power).

thanks!