DNS leaks (Slate AX1800)

Hi guys

I noticed DNS leaks when connected to VPN using my Slate AX1800.
It always uses the DNS of the router I am connected via wifi instead of using the VPN DNS Server.

Setup:
Slate AX1800 in router mode connected over wifi to my main router.

Any fixes for this?

Thanks.

1 Like

Disable the DNS override option should fix that if enabled. If not, set the DNS mode on automatic

It was set to automatic and I tried both with DNS override enabled and disabled.

Hmm odd.

Is the DNS in the VPN config set correctly?

Yep! I will just reboot the router and the client. Maybe it cached the DNS from “automatic overide enabled” option.
Strange indeed.

Also make sure you have the latest beta.

The dns cache is on the pc for around 30 seconds I think.

I found the issue! Most probably a bug but it’s really strange.
If I configure VPN using the iOS App (gli.net) and use the predefined service providers than I have DNS Leaks. Used Mullvad with Wireguard.

If I configure VPN manually over the web interface of Slate AX than everything is fine.

I double checked with 2 VPN providers and exactly the same location and server (Mullvad and OVPN).

I’m using the latest beta of the Slate (4.0.1 beta2) and latest iOS version

It’s also strange that in the gli.net iOS app I can’t see the profiles which I added/configured using the webinterface of the router.

1 Like

This is a pending issue that should be resolved.

I am not sure why the dns leak could be caused by app. If after you configure using app, then turn on/off via the web interface, will it has leask?

This is a pending issue that should be resolved.

• not really. I am still unable to see in the iOS app the profiles created manually thorugh the webinterface

I am not sure why the dns leak could be caused by app. If after you configure using app, then turn on/off via the web interface, will it has leask?

• yes, it has leaks. Only time when there is no leak is if I use the profile which I configure manually thorugh the webinterface. Tried with 3 VPN providers so far (Mullvad, OVPN and ProtonVPN).

Sorry I mean it will be resolved.

DNS has cache. Have you cleaned the DNS cache on your device?

Yes, I did clean the cache but still it didn’t help.
So far it’s workign fine with the manual configured wireguard profile.

Will other service providers will be added to the iOS app in the near future?