Do Site to site works to anyone?

How do you make sure the Fastgate Technicolor has a static public IP?

1. The IP seen by “outside” matches the IP of the devices
  2. The IP starts with number 2. that’s commonly known as public with this ISP
  3. The IPs decribed on point 1 are always the same (statics)
  4. The check of the netname has changed and now is like decribed for all customers own a public static IP.

On the other hand I’m working to be absolutely sure that there isn’t a bug in the device and the portmapping is really working as it should.

Wow, now the site to site network started.
But how can I see the devices connected to the remote Gl.inet ? The LAN Ip of the remote Mango (is now 192.168.176.X ) has been changed automatically, probably to not create conflicts with the Mango near to me (usual IP). The problem is that all the devices connected to the remote mango are setted on the LAN 192.168.8.XX.

Just access 192.168.8.1 on your browser when your computer connected to Mango(192.168.176.1).

How can I connect my PC to the remote Node1 Mango (192.168.176.1), since I’m under the Main Node LAN at home ?

One step over. Now I’m on the menu page of the remote Mango, but how can reach the devices there connected, IE CAM, videointercom etc. ? I see it remotely (Mango admin router pages) but how can I browse in that LAN? How finally can I connect a device, PC or smartphone, to that LAN ? I read many times the docs but sorry they seem written for people that already know what to do.

i don’t know how to help you.

site to site with goodcloud works pretty well.
more difficult is site to site without goodcloud.

i don’t know how i can help you.
it should work

Absolutely I’m grateful for your help. But I have in mind that this site to site network is not really nice like someone thinks. Probably in the future, not now. No docs, no complete instructions, no pics that show if it really works and how. I’m still skeptic about.

Leo already sent you a link to the documentation. There are multiple examples, images showing how to do everything. Did you read it?

You can also see this:

In the background it uses wireguard, doing it’s magic to link everything up for you. You can replicate it using wireguard, but if you have issues following the step by step guides, manual installation will take a lot of time and trial and error for you.

1 Like

How do you normally access the camera?
And could you please draw a diagram of network topology?
You can use this tool Network Diagram Maker | Draw Network Diagram Online | Creately

Meantime I study the tool you suggested me and hopening there is a board there that eventually help me to use it, I try to answer to your first question about my very simply (or stupid) question.
I am seated in the MAIN NODE and the address of this node is 192.168.8.1.
The NODE 1 that’s remote has the same address by default ( 192.168.8.1) and in that LAN (repeat, remote) there are obviously devices like Cam (I. E. 192.168.8.100).
I successfully created a site to site network between the Main Node (where I am) and the remote Node 1. I see solid lines between the two nodes.
Unfortunately, or inexpectedly, the Node 1 I see has not the original IP assigned by me (192.168.8.1) but another IP assigned automatically during the process that create S2S network (192.168.176 not sure exactly now).
Until here is OK, perhaps.
I’m still seated in Main Node and connected to it I can type the remote address (192.168.176. X) and enter to the admin pages of the remote Node 1. Great but useless.
When I stay (phisically) in the remote node I can of course browse freely in that Lan, typing original addresses assigned by me in that Lan (192.168.8.100 for example) and see Webcam or video intercom. I see the images, not only the Lan address.

Yes, I read all docs available on link Cloud - GL.iNet Docs, also reading what in the link Site-to-Site Network - GL.iNet you suggested, I see a good composition of advertising that appears the sign of more time spent to encourage to buy rather than to understand.
I spent a lot of time try to understand the hidden message that could be in those few words that should explain how to use the S2S once created:

### Testing the Site to Site connection

Now the Site to Site network is created and started, let’s test the connection.

Use your PC or Phone to connect to one of the Node of this Site to Site, and use browser to access another Node’s LAN ip, if you see the login page, the connection between these two nodes is worked.

For example, my PC connect to Node 1 device, and then I use browser to access Main Node’s LAN IP (192.168.48.1), if I see the login page, it means the connection between Node1 and Main Node is worked.

But whoever wrote, it was unable to explain anything

For example, a possible hidden message could be:
You have to phisically go (or someone for you) to the remote Node and reset all IPs assigned to the LAN devices/servers since if you leave the default IP setting ( 192.168.8.X) it conflicts with another node (main or client) that eventually has the same default range IP.
Don’t know if this is a possibility. Is only a possible consequence of constipated instructions addressed to who don’t need them.

…or viceversa:
modify the IP of the Main Node, then reassign the original IP to the node1 so it will match the IP assigned to the servers in that LAN. And that’s it.

1 Like

Yes, when creating a Site to Site network, if some NODEs have same LAN IP, it will automatelly change
to avoid conflict.
If Main Node is 192.168.8.x, Sub Node 1 is 192.168.176.x, you can access your CAM by 192.168.176.100 (This IP may changed; you can find its new IP on CLIENTS list)

After the Site to Site network created, the Site to Site status is stopped by default,
you can change the LAN IP to you want (but need to avoid conflict), then start the Site to Site network.

I draw a diagram of your network typology, to let other guys to understand.

1 Like