Does GL-MT1300 Beryl support Adguard Home and GL Product questions?

Where is the guide link?

This one: [HowTo] Running Adguard Home on OpenWrt - Community Builds, Projects & Packages - OpenWrt Forum

1 Like

I was able to install AdGuard on GL-MT1300. Following the forum suggestions on AR-750 you need to add these two plugins: AdGuardHome and gl-agh-stats. After this step Adguard is working just fine, My router is on 3.203 firmware. AdGuard application and settings pages work too.

which installer should we pick for this router?
I tried below installer
https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdGuardHome/releases/download/v0.106.3/AdGuardHome_linux_armv7.tar.gz
After installing it, when I tried to run ( i.e ~/AdGuardHome/AdGuardHome) and getting below error
~/AdGuardHome/AdGuardHome: line 1: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting “)”)

@kre you need install from Gl-iNet web UI AdGuardHome package and install gl-agh-stats too

For Beryl I was able to install:
https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdGuardHome/releases/download/v0.106.3/AdGuardHome_linux_mipsle_softfloat.tar.gz

Please make sure you install a microSD card to expand the available storage

PS: I’m still working on performance since the best I can get is AdGuardHome avg processing time ~700-900ms which is too high

Thanks.
1.how we do link two plugins: AdGuardHome and gl-agh-stats to manual install of AdGuardhome?
2.do I need to set “Manual DNS Server Settings”?

I’m do not manual install AGH
Did you try install packages from web UI plugins?

This is what I did in order:
-install firmware 3.203
-install AdGuardHome plugin
-install gl-agh-stats plugin

To update to latest ADG version I had to install a microSD for extra storage

Thanks Roge.

Can you provide more info on the steps to update to latest ADG version? how did you point to external storage ADG?

How do you update to the latest ADG version?

Press Settings Page and you will see update AGH button, you need run AGH first, i’m not use now

This is what I did:
-ssh to the router with ssh root@192.168.8.1
-find out where the microsd got mounted by looking into the /mnt/ directory. in my case /mnt/mmcblk0p1
-cd to the above directory
-download latest version with: wget https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdGuardHome/releases/download/v0.106.3/AdGuardHome_linux_mipsle_softfloat.tar.gz
-unpack with tar xzf AdGuardHome_linux_mipsle_softfloat.tar.gz
-change symbolic link to this new executable with ln -sf /usr/bin/AdGuardHome /mnt/mmcblk0p1/AdGuardHome/AdGuardHome

I tried the same but I got a “Cannot open output file: Invalid argument” error.
Any advice?

You have to install wget, you can in the packages or with opkg wget in the command line interface (CLI) through SSH.

Here is a guide on adding a USB or MicroSD card as storage for the router to use, as well as installing it on said external storage. OpenWRT - ExtRoot Configuration - Expand Router Storage with USB Drive - YouTube

1 Like

how to use a microSD card to expand the available storage

I already installed a micro sd card but it does not increase for the installation of add-ons

The microSD card has to be set up as Extroot storage:

I do not work for and I do not have formal association with GL.iNet

To answer the original question, YES it has worked for me using the microSD card slot.

Thanks for the link to the openWrt guide @wcs2228 - I’ve set configuration on the latest Beryl-MT1300 firmwa0re 4.3.10 (release1). I achieved this with some changes to the extroot-configuration. Here’s how I managed:

1. Switch off router and remove any USB devices. Insert microSD card in its slot (this card will be wiped as per below). Switch on router leaving it without any USB devices connected.

2. Flash router with the latest firmware (in this case 4.3.10 as downloaded from GL.inet support). DO NOT KEEP SETTINGS - this is to ensure that no setting hinders with the custom configuration that follows, and also to take the least possible MB of space of the few left on its ROM.

3. Connect to router’s web UI and provide new password on welcome.

4. SSH into router (192.168.8.1 default ip) and run the commands below.

opkg update
opkg install block-mount kmod-fs-ext4 e2fsprogs parted
  1. Verify the name of the microsd card disk.

ls -l /sys/block

By default on this firmware version it is set to /dev/mmcblk0p1

1. Run the following in SSH to wipe and prepare the sd card:
DISK="/dev/mmcblk0"
parted -s ${DISK} -- mklabel gpt mkpart extroot 2048s -2048s
DEVICE="${DISK}p1"
mkfs.ext4 -L extroot ${DEVICE}
  1. Configure extroot entry vis SSH:
eval $(block info ${DEVICE} | grep -o -e 'UUID="\S*"')
eval $(block info | grep -o -e 'MOUNT="\S*/overlay"')
uci -q delete fstab.extroot
uci set fstab.extroot="mount"
uci set fstab.extroot.uuid="${UUID}"
uci set fstab.extroot.target="${MOUNT}"
uci commit fstab
  1. Transfer data using SSH command:
mount -t ext4 ${DEVICE} /mnt
tar -C ${MOUNT} -cvf - . | tar -C /mnt -xf -
  1. Reboot and once rebooted SSH.

2. Using vi, ensure/add the following lines in /etc/modules-boot.d/mmc
    mmc_core
    mmc_block
    sdhci
    mtk_sd

3. Set path location of opkg list :

sed -i -e "/^lists_dir\s/s:/var/opkg-lists$:/usr/lib/opkg/lists:" /etc/opkg.conf
opkg update
  1. At this point you may need to reboot one last time and then go into the web UI and under plugins install the following plugins: adguard-home & gl-sdk4-ui-adguardhome. You may note that the messages on this firmware reflect an anomaly as shown below, which you can ignore.

Once done you can verify in ssh as follows:

root@GL-MT1300:~# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                13.8M     13.8M         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                   122.0M    972.0K    121.1M   1% /tmp
/dev/mmcblk0p1            7.2G     32.4M      6.8G   0% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay        7.2G     32.4M      6.8G   0% /
tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev
/dev/mmcblk0p1            7.2G     32.4M      6.8G   0% /mnt/extroot

AdGuard rocks! Enjoy ad free browsing :slight_smile: