Does GL-MT1300 Beryl support Adguard Home and GL Product questions?

Hello,
I want to buy a GL Router, and I want to ask a few questions.

1. Does GL-MT1300 Beryl support Adguard Home?
  2. Is there a GL router that supports dual-band Wifi(2.4G & 5G) and Adguard Home simultaneously?
  3. Does GL have a detailed document of scaleout GL product comparison including features/spec. of hardware and software.

Thank you.

1 Like

I also would like to know the answers.

What do you mean by “support Adguard Home”? I successfully run it in mine (incl. 2.4GHz and 5GHz wifi). Two or three devices do not seem to be a problem, I have not tried with more devices. But it doesn’t seem like it would have an issue with another two or three at least. Resource usage was not too high.

Of course if you want to run Adguard Home, you need to run it on external storage (e.g. SD card, USB stick…)

1 Like

MT1300 does not support adguard home because it does not have enough storage.

You can filter the product here GL.iNet Routers and Gateways Selection - GL.iNet

S1300 should be the one start adguard home.

Hi, @funfun @alzhao
Thanks for your reply, I bought GL-MT1300 router, can I install and run Adguard Home in its external storage(if I have a TF card)?

As @alzhao mentioned, it is not supported. But you can try and follow the guide I linked to do it (it definitely worked for me).

Where is the guide link?

This one: [HowTo] Running Adguard Home on OpenWrt - Community Builds, Projects & Packages - OpenWrt Forum

1 Like

I was able to install AdGuard on GL-MT1300. Following the forum suggestions on AR-750 you need to add these two plugins: AdGuardHome and gl-agh-stats. After this step Adguard is working just fine, My router is on 3.203 firmware. AdGuard application and settings pages work too.

which installer should we pick for this router?
I tried below installer
https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdGuardHome/releases/download/v0.106.3/AdGuardHome_linux_armv7.tar.gz
After installing it, when I tried to run ( i.e ~/AdGuardHome/AdGuardHome) and getting below error
~/AdGuardHome/AdGuardHome: line 1: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting “)”)

@kre you need install from Gl-iNet web UI AdGuardHome package and install gl-agh-stats too

For Beryl I was able to install:
https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdGuardHome/releases/download/v0.106.3/AdGuardHome_linux_mipsle_softfloat.tar.gz

Please make sure you install a microSD card to expand the available storage

PS: I’m still working on performance since the best I can get is AdGuardHome avg processing time ~700-900ms which is too high

Thanks.
1.how we do link two plugins: AdGuardHome and gl-agh-stats to manual install of AdGuardhome?
2.do I need to set “Manual DNS Server Settings”?

I’m do not manual install AGH
Did you try install packages from web UI plugins?

This is what I did in order:
-install firmware 3.203
-install AdGuardHome plugin
-install gl-agh-stats plugin

To update to latest ADG version I had to install a microSD for extra storage

Thanks Roge.

Can you provide more info on the steps to update to latest ADG version? how did you point to external storage ADG?

How do you update to the latest ADG version?

Press Settings Page and you will see update AGH button, you need run AGH first, i’m not use now

This is what I did:
-ssh to the router with ssh root@192.168.8.1
-find out where the microsd got mounted by looking into the /mnt/ directory. in my case /mnt/mmcblk0p1
-cd to the above directory
-download latest version with: wget https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdGuardHome/releases/download/v0.106.3/AdGuardHome_linux_mipsle_softfloat.tar.gz
-unpack with tar xzf AdGuardHome_linux_mipsle_softfloat.tar.gz
-change symbolic link to this new executable with ln -sf /usr/bin/AdGuardHome /mnt/mmcblk0p1/AdGuardHome/AdGuardHome

I tried the same but I got a “Cannot open output file: Invalid argument” error.
Any advice?