Does the router working in repeater mode reboot if it loses connection to a public hotspot?

I’m new to these routers (own a Creta) and am wondering what happens if you are connected to a public hotspot and you lose internet access. Will the router keep retrying until it establishes a connection?

Yes it will recorded your ssid in the list and try to connect back.

Pls note, when there is a captive portal, you need to auth manually everytime.

1 Like

I have also a new CRETA 750, can work as “repeater” having yes SSID already recorded, but placed in an area where only a wire to modem is available ?
I’d like to repeate modem SSID having CRETA connected to modem using WAN port only
it is doable ? (did not try yet)

Yes, this will be just the standard router mode. You get internet via WAN, and clients connect to the wifi of the GL router.

“Yes, this will be just the standard router mode. You get internet via WAN, and clients connect to the wifi of the GL router.”

having a SSID the one provided by main router ?

Well you said the location requires a wired connection, so you would connect to the Creta SSID. You can change the SSID to any name you want.

I would recommend you get the AR750s instead, as it is newer and has external antennas for better connection.

then is not a real “repeater” a repeater would mesh a single SSID

You need to give us a topology map so we can see exactly what you want to do.

In your posts you talk about WAN input, WAN is not wifi, so you would need to set the SSID to the same as surrounding networks.

If you connect as a wifi client to another hotspot, you can use repeater to extend it with the same name.