Domino Core Flash made system read only

Hi I flashed my domino core and the os is read only. It is missing the network, and wireless configs within /etc/config/ I cannot create them because it is read only. I have access via UART. How do I reflash it? Do I use uboot? I was reading the directions from the serial wiki on openwrt.org, but I am not sure which memory address to erase in the console.

Any help would be great!!

Thank you.

When you flash new firmware, it will create a writable file system. If this is failed, you cannot write anything.

Generally the reasons include:

1. Too big firmware, no space to create the system
  2. bugs in firmware.
Where does your firmware come from?

I compiled it from the GLI git repo. I can get into uboot, I just cant figure out which address to start the erase from and what address to end with.

Below is what I see :

Device calibrated. Booting …
Booting image at: 0x9F050000

Image name: MIPS OpenWrt Linux-3.18.23
Created: 2016-02-28 23:28:27 UTC
Image type: MIPS Linux Kernel Image (lzma compressed)
Data size: 1141668 Bytes = 1.1 MB
Load address: 0x80060000
Entry point: 0x80060000

Uncompressing kernel image… OK!
Starting kernel…

I’m guessing I would issue the following to re-flash using kermit within the uboot interface:

erase 0x9F050000 +7c0000 (not sure how to get this number “+7c0000”)
loadb 0x80060000

<pre class=“code”>

why not just use the uboot WebUI?

1. Type "httpd" and it will start the UI,
  2. Set your computer's IP to 192.168.1.2
  3. then you can visit http://192.168.1.1/index.html using your browser
When you use erase, the number (+7c0000) is the size of your new firmware

I do not have a NIC on the board, I only have UART access so I need to copy via Kermit. Is there a formula to find the Firmware size? Is it just a hexadecimal number of the file size, or is it a memory address?

I soldered a cat 5 cable to the di board, but uboot states eth0 and/or eth1 is not up.

Orange White –> TX+

Orange —> TX-

Green White–> RX+

Green —> RX-

Any suggestions on how to fix it, or should I just pronounce it dead?

0x10000 = 64K

0xffffff = 16MB

0x800000 = 8MB

I am not sure it is dead. Seems you need to have some hardware skills to save it.

I soldered the Ethernet directly to the core, and it still does not work. I guess it goes in the trash pile.

Thanks for your assistance.