Easytether & GL-AR750S

Hello Friends, would anyone have instructions how to connect EasyTether to the GL-AR750S router properly. I’ve tried to do this looking at different instructions online, but to no avail hasn’t worked. I have Samsung & LG phones that are pretty high rated, but none of them still seem to work when I plug in the phone into the router & launch EasyTether.

Here you are

1 Like

Thanks friend, but this is another one I tried, & it didn’t work. I’m pretty good with command prompts, & computer know how. These instructions didn’t work either. I’ve notice that know one made a youtube video on this yet. I’ve tried 4 different phones after doing everything. 2 were rooted, & still nothing showing Easytether connection. The instructions were pretty easy to understand.

Ok, I’m not using the GL-AR150. I’m using the GL-AR750S. Another set of instructions, said that this will work with this router too. I also tried it on the GL-AR750. Yes, I have both routers, neither one is showing a connection once I plug in to the router & launch EasyTether. Been working on this for the past few days. I was able to install the driver on both routers without a problem, I did the command prompt figuration, then made the changes within ssh, & edited the configuration within the firewall settings of the router. Lol. Nothing still.

I may of overlooked something.

I don’t have an Andriod phone. But from user’s feedback, as long as you installed the correct driver, it is not difficult to make it work.

Can you let me know exatly which file you used to install the driver? Let me know the router’s firmware version as well.

1 Like

Your 100% right, I installed the driver from the instructions for an older firmware, which was 0.8.9-4, after looking at the link that you sent me, I read it carefully & realize that I had to use the driver for the updated firmware that’s on the unit now, which is 0.8.9-5 Once I installed it, & I launch easytether, it shows its connected to the router on the phone. Only problem I’m having now, I’m not seeing tethering launch when looking within the router settings, only the modem launchs. That link you sent, was definitely the answer. I just have to figure out why tethering isn’t launching when I’m looking within the router settings.

Hostname
GL-AR750
Model
GL.iNet GL-AR750
Architecture
Qualcomm Atheros QCA9533 ver 2 rev 0
Firmware Version
OpenWrt 19.07.7 811306-c4a6851072 / Luci
openwrt-19.07 branch git-21.044.30835-34e0d65
Kernel Version
Local Time
2021-12-14 23:32:58
Uptime
Oh 2m 47s
Load Average
1.62, 1.06, 0.43

Hostname
GL-AR750S
Model
GL.iNet GL-AR750S (NOR/NAND)
Architecture
Qualcomm Atheros QCA956X ver 1 rev 0
Firmware Version
OpenWrt 19.07.7 r11306-c4a6851072 / LuCl openwrt-
19.07 branch git-21.044.30835-34e0d65
Kernel Version
Local Time
2021-12-13 14:09:31
Uptime
Oh 10m 20s
Load Average
0.27, 0.46, 0.35

I have both of these routers. There both showing connection to the router once plugged in to the USB cable now, with eashtether apk launched. Got to get up early for work so I’m going to stop for now but all I have to figure out is why the tethering isn’t launching Within settings on the router. Thanks for the link.

Stayed up a little later than I should be right now, but I’ve been trying to do this for the past few days & I guess I’m a little excited about it. Well, I got it to actually work, when I plug the USB cable into my phone, it’s actually giving me 4G internet into the router. I’m just not seeing tething launch on the router, but its working. :blush:

Jus got the GL-MT1300 today. I went threw all the correct procedures of installing EasyTether, & it works like a charm. So, the GL-AR750S & the GL-MT1300 both work jus fine with EasyTether drivers installed, & the Apk launched on the Android phone. Perfect…:wink:

1 Like

Does EasyTether Pro have a driver & a app for the iphones?

Never heard that. I even didn’t hear that iphone has limitation in tethering. Also wonder why.

1 Like

Ok, Thanks. I was telling my brother how great the GL-iNet routerrs worked with easytether, but he has a iphone. It seems like it only works with Android.

But for iPhone you can just use the built-in hotspot.

1 Like

Quick question, which GL-iNet routers work with the EasyTether Pro app. I’ve tried 3 already, & they all work fine. The GL-AR750, GL-AR750S, & the GL-MT1300 all worked like a charm with EasyTether Pro launched on my Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. Great speed too. I just wanted to know if it’s only a few that work with EasyTether.

Hello, I need some help with this AR750S. I have a Oneplus 6 and follow all the steps and got to the point where my phone shows “connection established” but still no internet when I connect other devices to my router. Any help?
Thanks
Mauro

Always make sure the wifi is turned off on the phone.