Extend Wifi mode not reachable?

I configured my 1800ax in extender mode so I can have some machines that have no wireless to my wireless network. It seems to work partially, I can ping from those machines out to the rest of the network, but can’t ping from those network to them. As if the Slate is acting like a firewall. I can no longer reach the management interface once its in extender mode. Any ideas?

Thanks
Stan

The problem sounds like the same as in this thread for a different router model, but without a complete solution. Extender network mode works on the same principle in OpenWRT:

OpenWRT Extender network mode uses relayd that has a separate LAN interface subnet will be used only as a “management” interface:

The LAN interface subnet will be used only as a “management” interface, as devices connecting to the Wi-Fi repeater will be on the main network’s subnet instead. If the relayd device becomes unreachable, you will have to configure a PC with a static address in the same subnet as the LAN interface (eg. 192.168.2.10 for our example) to connect and be able to use LuCI GUI or SSH.

I do not work for and I do not have formal association with GL.iNet

1 Like