Hi - I have 2 gl-ar300m’s and need the following scenario:
- gl-ar300m A = Router mode connected via WAN port to home owner’s home router and broadcasting it’s GUEST Wifi (Lets call it’s ssid GUEST-Wifi-A)
- gl-ar300m B = Extender/WDS mode connecting/relaying GUEST-Wifi-A
So far A’s setup is fine. B’s setup doesn’t seem to relay GUEST-Wifi-A.
- If I configure B’s wifi before putting it in WDS or Extender modes (call the ssids Wifi-B & GUEST-Wifi-B) they still appear after activating extender mode. Internet access is working though so the link is established.
- Looking at signal strength, it’s not relaying GUEST-Wifi-A at all.
- If I name GUEST-Wifi-B to be the same as A (ie GUEST-Wifi-A) then essentially it disappears. Signal strength implies I’m still only seeing A’s guest network.
How am I supposed to set this up correctly to act like a mesh network, all broadcasting the same ssid?
Does the same for the primary wifi as well.
I hope that all makes sense!