File sharing and DLNA issues for GL-MT1300

Hi, I am fairly new to using the Gl.iNet routers and I am having an issue trying to connect a powered HDD (Seagate 5TB Expansion Desktop Drive) to my GL-MT1300 for file share and DLNA.

I followed the instructions for setting up the file share and DLNA from this link (Applications - GL.iNet Docs) a few days ago. I was able to see the files and also connect VLC player for multimedia sharing. A few days later, I have gone back to use VLC player to watch a video, however there are no files that can be seen. I also used smb to look for the files and can see nothing.

I connected the HDD directly to my PC and the files are all viewable. I have also used a thumb drive with a couple of files to see if that would work on the router, however no luck. Finally, I have also opened up my backup router (same model) with the same thing happening.

Below is a copy of the smb.conf file, would anyone be able to advise whether the settings look correct? If they are, where else should I look at to see why the router cannot see the HDD, or thumb drive for that matter.

[global]
netbios name = GL-MT1300
display charset = UTF-8
interfaces = lo br-lan
server string = GL-MT1300-654
unix charset = UTF-8
workgroup = WORKGROUP
browseable = yes
deadtime = 30
domain master = yes
encrypt passwords = true
enable core files = no
guest account = nobody
guest ok = yes
invalid users = root
local master = yes
load printers = no
map to guest = Bad User
max protocol = SMB2
min receivefile size = 16384
null passwords = yes
obey pam restrictions = yes
os level = 20
passdb backend = smbpasswd
preferred master = yes
printable = no
security = user
smb encrypt = disabled
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
syslog = 2
use sendfile = yes
writeable = yes

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
browsable = no
read only = no
create mode = 0750

[GL-Samba]
path = /mnt
read only = yes
guest ok = yes

Check that the drive has been mounted via LuCI → System → Mount Points. If your router does not have that feature, then log in via SSH and run the mount command.

I do not work for and I do not have formal association with GL.iNet

DLNA and samba are two protocols.

MT1300 now have a 4.1.0 beta firmware, which has improved Samba and DLNA functions. Can you try?