Firmware 2.264, imagebuilder and Tor firmware 2.264 update

Dear All,

Firmware V2.264:

We are glad to release Firmware V2.264 for all routers, which is now in GL.iNet download center

Now the firmware has KRACK and dnsmasq patches and with full software repo. You can install kernel modules now.

Imagebuilder:

We also upload the Imagebuillder to github: gl-inet · GitHub, now you can compile a firmware quickly. The guide is in github as well.

Tor firmware:

Tor firmware is compiled using the same Imagebuilder and now you can install software and kernel packages. Tor version is upgrade and now you can press the reset button to change Exit node.

Please refer to Overview - GL.iNet Docs for details.

The source code of Tor is here: GitHub - gl-inet/openwrt-files

Awesome! Do you plan on having an lede build for the mt300a?

how to solve this problems?

root@GL-AR300M:~# opkg install iptables-mod-filter

Installing iptables-mod-filter (1.4.21-1) to root…

Downloading 404 Page not found - GL.iNet.

Collected errors:

• satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for iptables-mod-filter:

•  kernel (= 3.18.27-1-39e4d2534c6186c91983d226e664f0c3) *

• opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package iptables-mod-filter.

root@GL-AR300M:~# opkg install iptables-mod-u32

Installing iptables-mod-u32 (1.4.21-1) to root…

Downloading 404 Page not found - GL.iNet.

Collected errors:

• satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for iptables-mod-u32:

•  kernel (= 3.18.27-1-39e4d2534c6186c91983d226e664f0c3) *

• opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package iptables-mod-u32.

root@GL-AR300M:~# uname -a

Linux GL-AR300M 3.18.27 #1 Fri Oct 27 11:41:07 HKT 2017 mips n

@mpmc

If you are wanting to use LEDE for your own mt300a IoT project then the latest stable release of LEDE is perfect, supporting all the hardware including the internal card slot and even the leds. I have been using one as a media server (miniDLNA and XupnpD) for some time with an internal 32GB microSDHC and usb connected 1TB Seagate drive. The mt 300a is neatly stuck to the casing of the usb drive with some double sided foam tape :smiley:

https://downloads.lede-project.org/releases/17.01.4/targets/ramips/mt7620/

Note however the mt300N-v2 is not yet supported by LEDE.

i have same problem also, it seems the repository have been updated for new testing firmware, since the testing firmware and release firmware using same repository, the conflict is happen.

Are the imagebuilders identified above valid for the AR750, if not when will it be ready (another post indicated that it was thought to be Dec 2017).

Secondly does anybody know which packages I need to install to allow a usb wifi dongle (RTL8192EU based) to act as a third radio preferably in the 2.4Ghz range. I am currently desk fitting various units into a travel edge device which would then be stripped down and packaged a two units allowing me to have the equivalent of a data centre whilst living out of a suitcase (90% time) without the security nightmare of cloud computing (almost all of my assignments are under Non Disclosure Agreements).

kmod-rtlwifi

kmod-rtlwifi-usb

RTL8192EU firmware from Ubuntu none of the available firmware packages seem to work

The Idea is

Unit 1 (Max 150mmX150mmx45mm)

AR750 (with usb wifi) internal wifi network/ external network gateway

Netlink 5 Port managed switch

Zorke Z1 (Amlogic S912 armv8) 3GB ram with 4TB external usb sata disk

Power supply (5V 12A continous output)

Unit 2 (Pelican 1510 rolling case using lid as equipment bay)

Xeon-D motherboard 256GB ram running Ubuntu with KVM & LXD virtualization

Gateway bay for unit 1 supply power and further internal network

Wacom Companion 2 (i7, 16GB ram )

Thanks in advance and have a fruitful, joyful New Year.

Test. [quote=“mpmc, post:2, topic:2483, full:true”]
Awesome! Do you plan on having an lede build for the mt300a?
[/quote]

What should I do

I wouldn’t bother now with lede & openwrt re-merged. I’d wait for the next openwrt release instead.

the imagebuilder is epic, great access to rolling your own firmware with the gli-net base, plus your extra goodies or customizations. great tool

I flashed the 2.264 TOR image but it’s not clear how this works, is there any documentation on this?

In the 1.3 TOR firmware there where 2 wifi SSID configured OpenWrt and tor But in this 2.264 version there is only PORTAL

When i connect to PORTAL then the traffic seems not to be going trough the tor network.

Another confusion at first login is the login itself

the device-type sets the host me but also uses that as the user name? Or am i doing something wrong?

OpenWRT doen’t even accept pre-configured GL-AR150 as a valid option. So all of this is a bit odd.

I think i’m not seeing how it supposed to be working so a shot documentation would be very welcome. Even a longer documentation that explains a bit about the configuration would also be a huge help

Then i notice that network has a tilde behind it (it says: network~) what is that all about? Is this a bug/typo?

Even better would be if OpenWrt would offer a configured tor or at least pre-configured the essentials in a understandable way. So thanks GL-inet for building this firmware.

I completely overlooked the link to the documentation in the top post. Going to read it now…

if i slide the switch into the left position then reload the page then the admin page is no longer available so i cannot see if the tor status is ‘connected’ as shown in the documentation. :slight_smile:

Would it be an option to set the middle green led ON if tor status is ‘connected’ and OFF id it is NOT ‘connected’

@alzhao

能否在下一个版本中更新以下自带的软件?谢谢!

simple-obfs_0.0.5-1_ar71xx.ipk

shadowsocks-libev_3.1.3-1_ar71xx.ipk
<table style=“font-family: ‘Microsoft YaHei’;”>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td>ChinaDNS_1.3.2-6_ar71xx.ipk</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
luci-app-dns-forwarder_1.6.1-1_all.ipk

luci-app-shadowvpn_1.6.1-1_all.ipk
<tbody>
<tr>
<td>luci-app-shadowsocks_1.9.0-1_all.ipk</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td>luci-app-chinadns_1.6.1-1_all.ipk</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
项目地址:http://openwrt-dist.sourceforge.net/

http://openwrt-dist.sourceforge.net/packages/OpenWrt/base/ar71xx/

http://openwrt-dist.sourceforge.net/packages/OpenWrt/luci/

For some reason it does not seem to connect to the tor network.

I don’t have a clue what it should be doing, if it is doing anything at all, what I can do to see if it id doing anything, what I can do to make it work.

I can’t blame GL-inet. It’s also the lack of documentation of tor and/or OpenWrt on the subject. I’m grateful that GL-inet took the effort to configure this for me. Though it would be better is this was documented so that I, and others, have a better insight in how this works.

i’m using my AR300m as a repeater only, no wifi enabled and it is hardwired to a home network

my problem is after 2.264 update the repeater connection drops every few hours. it was working fine, maybe i rebooted once every couple of months or so.

i don’t even know where to start to resolve this problem.

please help

thanks

Pls try v2.27 in GL.iNet download center

Can you clear the settings and start over?